Pelle... Barclays Manager of the Month for Dec?

Despite Pelle clearly deserving it based on form and results, I can see Martinez getting it for getting the plucky Everton into the top 4 on a shoestring budget as that makes a better story than the best team in the league being the best.

You hear it all the time where we get barely any credit for our performances as thats what we would be doing while others get praised no ends for scrappy wins, even when we win we get criticised for not winning by more!

So not bothered if he wins or not, as long as we are happy with our performances thats all that matters

The rule is if you spend millions you don't deserve any accolades! It was the first time in premier history that the team that won the league that a manager didn't get manager of the year when we won the league

Uptopbob said:
Despite Pelle clearly deserving it based on form and results, I can see Martinez getting it for getting the plucky Everton into the top 4 on a shoestring budget as that makes a better story than the best team in the league being the best.

You hear it all the time where we get barely any credit for our performances as thats what we would be doing while others get praised no ends for scrappy wins, even when we win we get criticised for not winning by more!

So not bothered if he wins or not, as long as we are happy with our performances thats all that matters

We did get credit for the arsenal win but it soon was reported that Arsenal could of scored 6 and they had offsides disallowed there is always a slant

waspish said:
The rule is if you spend millions you don't deserve any accolades! It was the first time in premier history that the team that won the league that a manager didn't get manager of the year when we won the league
It wasn't I'm afraid, it was the third time, Redknapp got it in 2010, and (George) Burley in 2001.

cleavers said:
waspish said:
It wasn't I'm afraid, it was the third time, Redknapp got it in 2010, and (George) Burley in 2001.

It was still an absolue travesty that Mancini didn't win it.
His team achieved:
The most goals scored
The least goals conceded.
The team overhauled an 8 point deficit with 6 games to play and made it the most
exciting finish to a title race in the history of the universe and they go and give it to Pardew (iirc).

TGR said:
His team achieved:
The most goals scored
The team overhauled an 8 point deficit with 6 games to play and made it the most
exciting finish to a title race in the history of the universe and they go and give it to Pardew (iirc).
I didn't comment otherwise, and I'm not going to turn this into another debate on our previous manager, again.

cleavers said:
TGR said:
His team achieved:
The most goals scored
I didn't comment otherwise, and I'm not going to turn this into another debate on our previous manager, again.

Me thinks you are bit paranoid Cleavers ;-)

It was never my intention 'to turn this into another debate on our previous manager'.
It was simply a comment about how unfair our manager didn't win it regardless of who he was.
Sorry for posting.

Has to be pelle. A great month for city. Two huge top of the table games won and the only "poor result" was a fairly decent point at Southampton.

A side note is the brilliant win in Munich as well as progression to the league cup semi final.

I dont pay much attention to this award but if it goes on results then he should win it i think
He deserves it,he has done really well this month

Pulis.

Only half-joking - if you look at his results based on where Palace were when he took over and the players he has available, you could certainly argue that he's done as well as any other manager, relatively speaking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.