Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
Shaelumstash said:
Just to clarify, most managers have a preferred system, but if they do not have the players available to make that system work, they will adapt it for the good of the team.

Is there a finite point at which the system should be abandoned then ? For example - if we have to play Garcia/Fernandinho in a two man midfield do we immediately abandon the high line ?

Do we also then abandon our one touch passing when Milner, Kolarov, Dzeko or Lescott play ?

Only by default!

BillyShears said:
Shaelumstash said:
It's both. He should abandon one or both of these things if he does not have the players available to make it work.

I invite you to re watch the Cardiff game with Lescott and Garcia playing a high defensive line as the most obvious example.

Garcia is not suited to a 442 in any circumstance. Watch any game he's played for us in that shape. Then watch his performance against Bayern away in a 4231 and note the difference.

Watch any game Dzeko and Negredo have started together. Then note the improvement in the latter stages of those games when he brings one of them off for an extra midfielder.

You're not answering my question. When should he abandon his "system" ? I realise that Garcia isn't best suited to playing a two man midfield and that Dzeko/Negredo aren't the best centre forward partnership we have.

My question though is simple. When should Pellegrini abandon his "system" and apply whatever "system" you would prefer. I'd like a definite answer as to which personnel should play in which system.

And like I said. Since on touch passing is probably one of the most important prerequisites of playing in this City team - do we abandon that and go long when Milner, Kola, Dzeko, etc play ?

I've explained when he should abandon his system. Either you're trying to be smart or you'll never actually understand my point.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
I see the leaving of one to hang themselves is working a treat.......
Still waiting on a response to the football matters.......

Don't worry, I don't expect one, much easier to chat nonsense with your fellow online "Superposters" than actually address relevant points about football.

Shaelumstash said:
I've explained when he should abandon his system. Either you're trying to be smart or you'll never actually understand my point.

You've not even managed to explain what the "system" is let alone anything else. So far all I've learned from your posts is that a) you don't like Pellegrini's "system" AND b) you don't like Garcia in a midfield two and Negredo and Dzeko as a pair. Neither of those things are particularly interesting or enlightening.

So I'll ask you once more. Which players need to be available/unavailable for Pellegrini to abandon his system and play one which you prefer ? Should this happen regardless of the opposition ? If we do change to your preferred "system" and we don't win do we then revert back to Pellegrini's preferred system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.