Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe anyone would prefer "more control" as opposed to a team that has already bagged 99 this season.

Ducado said:
To be fair to quote George W Bush you sound like a "bitter ender" your not going to back down are you, because even though you know you were wrong the loss of face is too hard to contemplate

Have it your own, you paint yourself into a corner you will have to get out out it

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being wrong (I was once wrong about something ;-) )

Your interventions are getting increasingly entertaining. This reminds me of your "you do realise we will batter them at home" to the foamers after the Ewood Park game :)

BobKowalski said:
Interestingly what this season has shown is why Pellers has never won major silverware in Europe because his approach will only work if the side he is coaching is comfortably the best in the league otherwise better sides and/or more tactically astute managers will just rip him to shreds and his record defensively does bear this out.

TTFN

Maybe his lack of silverware in Europe is because he's coached mainly shit teams, like Villareal and Málaga, that are more worried of not going to second division. When given a chance with Real Madrid, even though he did an incredible record breaking league, he lost the title to the best Barcelona in history.

OB1 said:
Ducado said:
To be fair to quote George W Bush you sound like a "bitter ender" your not going to back down are you, because even though you know you were wrong the loss of face is too hard to contemplate

Have it your own, you paint yourself into a corner you will have to get out out it

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being wrong (I was once wrong about something ;-) )

Your interventions are getting increasingly entertaining. This reminds me of your "you do realise we will batter them at home" to the foamers after the Ewood Park game :)
Thing is we do control the game. Look how infrequently the opposition is shooting from very good positions. Granted, when they do score from the not-so-good positions, it seems a bit more devastating because it takes a special moment. That's when we have to keep in mind that players at this level are generally more gifted than we like to give credit. The fact we tend to restrict them to free kicks from 25 or so yards and hopeful shots near the edge of the penalty area says a lot.

taconinja said:
OB1 said:
Ducado said:

Thing is we do control the game. Look how infrequently the opposition is shooting from very good positions. Granted, when they do score from the not-so-good positions, it seems a bit more devastating because it takes a special moment. That's when we have to keep in mind that players at this level are generally more gifted than we like to give credit. The fact we tend to restrict them to free kicks from 25 or so yards and hopeful shots near the edge of the penalty area says a lot.

I agree, we are not conceding many good chances. You only need to look at a chalkboard of Newcastle's goal attempts on Sunday.

OB1 said:
Ducado said:

Cheers, I have a thread saved in drafts that I am working on but the long and short of it is, that some City fans have become completely irrational due to the scars of the past, I take the time to read what others are saying about us on other team forums and the media and I can tell you we are more highly thought of by them than some of our fans

I have even had Rags (one tonight in fact my Mrs best mate and real Salford Rag from a whole family of match going Rags) that we are an absolute joy to watch stop for a second think about a rags are telling me that we are an absolute joy to watch!

I have confidence in this team like I have never had in any other City team, sure we will have bad games every now and again, it's one of those things, but I know that the team will bounce back like last night

taconinja said:
OB1 said:
Ducado said:

At home we do pretty much untouchable but away sorry we dont control games

I think we all know that going 1 up or even 2 up does not mean the end of the game we always do give teams a chance when we play away at home we fucking mullah them

The Chav game is going to br interesting - Mouriniho will park the bus make sure the does not lose it and hope to hit on the break

I was angry and annoyed after the Sunderland game and did question whether we had made the right choice in Pellers.

I am more than happy to admit I was wrong and clearly knew fuck all.

dctid said:
taconinja said:
OB1 said:

At home we do pretty much untouchable but away sorry we dont control games

I think we all know that going 1 up or even 2 up does not mean the end of the game we always do give teams a chance when we play away at home we fucking mullah them

The Chav game is going to br interesting - Mouriniho will park the bus make sure the does not lose it and hope to hit on the break

Care to tell us what the results were from the last few away games?

upe7eseh.jpg

And we're off.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.