Pelligrini ensures legend status

Hughes signed Vinny before the money came, for that would forgive him anything. An unpopular view but I think given more time he would have won a trophy or two.

And used him as a back up defensive midfielder to see out the odd game we were winning.

Given more time, Kompany probably would have sat on the bench for a couple of years and then moved on.

A nice guy to steady the ship after a period of turbulent waters.

I don’t buy the ‘he couldn’t do the job because it became clear he was a stop-gap for Pep’ line.

When we signed Pellegrini, I have no doubt that Ferran and Txiki had the vision for Pep and Pellegrini knew - as the whole fucking football world did. Did he really think he was going to stay on the way he had us playing from late 2014-2016?

But do you remember how we approached our home leg of the CL semi-final at the Etihad? We were beaten before we kicked off.
Pellegrini rode on the shoulders of Mancini in his first season and it went downhill from there. His last season was dire and I think we only qualified for CL on the last day of season.
We were somewhat fortunate to sneak into fourth place that season. The rags had it in their own hands before losing at West Ham (the last ever game at Upton Park) in the final midweek of the season. Had they won there and their home game against Bournemouth (the one that was postponed due to the bomb fiasco), they would have been guaranteed CL at our expense.

Reactions: PPT
We were somewhat fortunate to sneak into fourth place that season. The rags had it in their own hands before losing at West Ham (the last ever game at Upton Park) in the final midweek of the season. Had they won there and their home game against Bournemouth (the one that was postponed due to the bomb fiasco), they would have been guaranteed CL at our expense.
Good post. That last season really was a shocker. I was glad to see the back of him regardless of who replaced him.
Didn't he also throw away a 5th round FA Cup tie against Chelsea by playing the kids because we had a CL game three days later?

Those slaughtering his last season might want to consider Pep spent £200 million, had players bought the season before he arrived for him and only got 3rd. And we were pretty shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.