Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
Haaland, KDB & Grealish all excellent pen takers and not on last night.

Foden was excellent as was Eddy. Alvarez always good.

Means in a game we will always be fine. Pen shootout was bad luck. We go again.

Grealish has never taken a penalty in a first team match, so not sure there’s any evidence how good he is from the spot.

DeBruyne should be the perfect choice but he’s missed two of the nine he’s taken for City and wasn’t too convincing on some of the ones that did go in from memory.

Feel like if we ever put Ederson on pens the bar would set even higher and less would be awarded as a result.

There is a legend within the training ground that Ederson is the best penalty taker in the team.

After tonight, I've seen enough. Make it happen.

Presumably the reason Eddie took the penalty he did was because at that point we simply couldn’t afford to miss so he had to. I imagine we’d have worked our way through a list but kept him in the back pocket until a pen came along to either win it or keep us in it.

Presumably the reason Eddie took the penalty he did was because at that point we simply couldn’t afford to miss so he had to. I imagine we’d have worked our way through a list but kept him in the back pocket until a pen came along to either win it or keep us in it.

Quite possibly.

Tbf in shootouts if he is as good as believed, it 100% makes sense to have him in the 5.

In a regular game, as much as I want to see it as a long time fan of strange goalkeepers, it's an insane risk and almost always unjustifiable.

Did we plan and prepare for penalty shoot out last night?
If so, on what basis.
As regards technique one school of thought is that every player that should practice penalties and have an MO that should not be varied in the stress and pressure situation of a shoot out.
Or are players left to decide for themselves on the night?
To me the first option would appear to be the most sensible.
And course on the night the Manager must decide on the technical ability and physical and mental strength of the players available.
I wonder what happened last night?

Obviously Eddie ain’t gonna take them during a game cos if he missed or it’s saved then it’s a goal the other way.
He should however be training the rest of the team to take them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.