Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
What's Aguero's last 10-15 penalties look like? I swear the issues only recently started to get out of hand but that may be my mind playing tricks on me.
No, you are right.

He has missed 3 of his last 7.

Only missed 1 of the previous 12.

The trouble is that penalty practice by every player in the squad delivers 100% success -and then they get a real one and all the practice in the world isn't worth a Salah two and a half somersaults with two and a half twists off the ten metre board. It just goes to shit!
Im not sure I fully understand what a City penalty has to do with Salah acting like he has been shot by a sniper, or why pro players who practice a simple task would go to shit, but penalties have been being scored for over a century by all and sundry, and we have recently made it even harder on keepers, so just take the shot/pass!!!

On a team that passes over 600 times per game, with 90% accuracy, it is unfathomable that we can’t find a single player to confidently pass a ball into an almost open goal! It is insane!

Im not sure I fully understand what a City penalty has to do with Salah acting like he has been shot by a sniper, or why pro players who practice a simple task would go to shit, but penalties have been being scored for over a century by all and sundry, and we have recently made it even harder on keepers, so just take the shot/pass!!!

On a team that passes over 600 times per game, with 90% accuracy, it is unfathomable that we can’t find a single player to confidently pass a ball into an almost open goal! It is insane!
The Salah connection is simply another opportunity to 'out' the diving bastard whenever the word 'penalty' is used, no matter what the context. But the number of professionals going to shit when penalties are awarded is not rare. City have just been better at missing them than others over the last couple of seasons. I don't understand why, either.

Penalty record at City (All Comps)

PlayerTaken ScoredMissedConversion Rate
Aguero53411277%
De Bruyne86275%
Gundogan64266%
Jesus84450%
Rodri110100%
Mahrez21150%
Sterling41325%
Given that across the history of the Premier League (all clubs), 83% of penalties have been scored ... it means that all our takers are below average, except Rodri ... and he would be on zero % if Lloris had strong hands.

We're definitely doing something wrong !

Thinking about recent misses by KDB and Gundogan, it looked like they were maybe trying to be too accurate / hit the corner of the net .... when really you just need to get it on target, and most of the time it will go in, even if fairly central.

Given that across the history of the Premier League (all clubs), 83% of penalties have been scored ... it means that all our takers are below average, except Rodri ... and he would be on zero % if Lloris had strong hands.

We're definitely doing something wrong !

Thinking about recent misses by KDB and Gundogan, it looked like they were maybe trying to be too accurate / hit the corner of the net .... when really you just need to get it on target, and most of the time it will go in, even if fairly central.
It isn't the full stats as Serg has had penalties that have been on target and gone in which count as misses, and most of the players haven't missed in shoot outs and they have not been counted either.

Unpopular opinion, Kev scuffed his one in Madrid.

If Ederson is the best at them in training then it's him, 'keeper or not. Sure he'd twat an absolute thunderbastard so the chances of it bouncing into open play would be low

If Ederson is the best at them in training then it's him, 'keeper or not. Sure he'd twat an absolute thunderbastard so the chances of it bouncing into open play would be low
Alan Harper was the best in training too.

If Ederson hits a thunderbastard against the bar it would probably end up as an own goal (though I think that would actually be a corner according to the Laws).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.