Pending "Milner tap up" Wums 'ala Everton Saga

BusterPhillips

So I read in the press a statement from Villa advising that they have rejected a 20m bid for James Milner from Man City. Who wants to bet that the media and opposition fans start labelling us as amature and classless for 'tapping up' Milner when Villa are the ones who have gone public.

Think stinks of the lescott saga that happened last year, that fat bastard Kenright came out stating that he'd rejected the bid and it was us who came away smelling of shit, the deal could have been done on the quiet but nooo!

The only reason Villa have gone public is because they want to get the best price for Milner, well I hope city tell them to fuck off and spend 25m on Hamsik or Ozil...

Make one slightly generous bit, stick to it, and if they can't agree, walk away. I want to see MCFC walk away from a deal that would have put tens of millions in the hands of another EPL team and see where they would get a better deal. We are the only EPL team who would pay over the odds for a player like Milner - there are suitable alternatives on the continent.

I hope MCFC executives have learned the lessons from last season.

Well it's already started.

Just seen Mick Dennis on SSN comparing City trying to sign Milner at an "inflated" price to the difficulties Cardiff or Blackpool will face in signing players should either of them be promoted.....like it's a new situation.All City's fault of course.Ruining football again.

Villa have every right to refuse to sell Milner,but we've now hit a point where players at clubs in the PL have to seriously consider their options if City attempt to sign them...the way that the traditional "top four" have done for years.

So it's ....City try and sign a player,the player wants to go,the selling club make some outrageous tap up observation,the media go into self-righteous overdrive,the price goes higher,the player joins City,the press go into self-righteous overdrive.......ad infinitum.

Happy days.
At least it'smore interesting than whether Dickov will join us on a free from Blackburn...

I agree with one more bid, something like 18M + SWP and get Barry to tap up Milner.
If Villa reject the offer, leave it on the table, but behind the scenes really work on Milner and sell him the project.
Villa sit down with him after the World Cup to negotiate a long term deal and Milner hands in a transfer request.
I see this one going like the original SWP move to Chelsea.

But please City, do not say anything publicly apart from "we do not conduct transfer business in the press"

the longer we leave the bid on the table and then not say a word, the more it will eat away at villa, especially when o,neil starts to think hang on which players could i get for that cash? i would sit back and wait?

Must admit I don't like the way we go about transfers - we do appear to be a bit heavy handed and bullying - forcing the issue too much too soon. Wish we would sit back alot more and wait for others to table bids before coming in and placing a better offer - that way we haven't instigated the unrest and tapping up problems.
The timing of this one is especially poor - the lads away with England, the world cups pending and there we are first in like a sledgehammer - It's not like we are short of criticism in this area. This kind of activity only gets everyone having a pop at us and alerts Twatter and Twatinni. Our behaviour will back fire on us before long and restrictions will be put in place.
I`d like Milner - but lets do it with a bit more thought. We need to use better covert groundwork and better sports based lawyers. (I speak from some knowldge of how we have proceded - just some - not an ITK).

GaudinoMotors said:
Must admit I don't like the way we go about transfers - we do appear to be a bit heavy handed and bullying - forcing the issue too much too soon. Wish we would sit back alot more and wait for others to table bids before coming in and placing a better offer - that way we haven't instigated the unrest and tapping up problems.
The timing of this one is especially poor - the lads away with England, the world cups pending and there we are first in like a sledgehammer - It's not like we are short of criticism in this area. This kind of activity only gets everyone having a pop at us and alerts Twatter and Twatinni. Our behaviour will back fire on us before long and restrictions will be put in place. I`d like Milner - but lets do it with a bit more thought. We need to use better covert groundwork and better sports based lawyers. (I speak from some knowldge of how we have proceded - just some - not an ITK).

What restrictions? As far as i'm aware we've put a bid in for a player...nothing wrong with that.

1_barry_conlon said:
GaudinoMotors said:
The timing of this one is especially poor - the lads away with England, the world cups pending and there we are first in like a sledgehammer - It's not like we are short of criticism in this area. This kind of activity only gets everyone having a pop at us and alerts Twatter and Twatinni. Our behaviour will back fire on us before long and restrictions will be put in place. I`d like Milner - but lets do it with a bit more thought. We need to use better covert groundwork and better sports based lawyers. (I speak from some knowldge of how we have proceded - just some - not an ITK).

What restrictions? As far as i'm aware we've put a bid in for a player...nothing wrong with that.

No, apparently it is bad form to bid at the moment. We really need a window within the window where you can actually buy players. Hopefully if we only bid in the sub window window then people won't whinge about us.

What I want to know is why nobody has slagged off Barca when their vice-president came out this week and said 'negotiations with fabregas were complete' - even though no fee with arsenal or no approach had been made.

1_barry_conlon said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Look I know what you are saying - but step back from it and look how it is preceived without blue tinted glasses on.
It may be perfectly allowable what we have done - but after all the criticism and accusations we immediately set ourselves up again.
I want good players to come but I question the way we instigate going about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.