Pending "Milner tap up" Wums 'ala Everton Saga

Lancet Fluke said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Villa have 100 times the class Everton do, I'm sure we will work out a deal that will make both parties happy, or we will move on, none of the crap we got from Everton.

I agree. We will have a top price we are prepared to pay, I would imagine and if they don't accept, we will move on. That price will be well over the odds, no doubt and therefore they will probably accept it but if they don't, I can't see us just going higher and higher. Unless the club have decided that Milner is absolutely pivotal to the future and they don't think they can turn to anyone else. But I doubt that is the case. I think the difference with Lescott was not just that we were dealing with Everton but also that it was getting towards the end of the window, Hughes felt he desperately needed a centre back, he'd spent quite a while arsing around with John Terry and rightly or wrongly, I don't think he felt he had any alternatives at that point. In short, Hughes was desperate and they knew it.
Very much so, the timing was really poor, my guess is the club must have thought Terry was in the bag.

GaudinoMotors said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Well bearing in mind it was in the papers over the weekend it isn't a surprise is it?

You still haven't answered re restrictions? What's going be restricted bearing in mind we are following the rules.

Appears to me that you're another one of those who thinks we should know our place and keep schtum until everyone else has had their bids, either accepted or not. That's the problem with this club, too many people happy to accept mediocrity instead of grabbing the bull by the horns.

And this isn't a pro Milner thread as i think we can do better for the price.

Yeah I`m the trouble with the club - but perhaps you are - got the money and think that is all that counts. Nice cliche about accepting mediocrity - if you had actually read what I wrote you would know I too want what you want - decent players - I just think our transfer method matches your outlook.
What I was saying about the leak was it wasn't just AV that weren't being tight lipped - we didn't seem to have any concerns about that.
Restrictions - well unless you have been living on mars you will know that there are all sorts of proposals and plans being discussed about clubs expenditure, at the FA at UEFA and even FIFA.
It won't be as simple as just getting etihad to sponsor us for 200 mil believe me.
I grant you it is a difficult one - when restrictions come in we'll probably be saying we should have taken advantage of our financial muscle more when we could - or alternatively we might be saying we should have curbed it a little and the restrictions might not have been rushed in?
Re bids - they just dont get accepted or not like that - agents get involved - they tout the player elsewhere etc - one club putting a bid in first wouldn't rule us out by any stretch.

The restrictions will hit every club. You made it sound as if we were the only ones who were going to get 'hit' due to the fact we had the audacity to actually bid for a player. I do know how the transfer system works and agents involvement. I've been with 2 professionals and their agent where the 3 of them have carved up a deal to get higher wages from their respective clubs...and it worked!

I've not heard much hassle towards Chelsea and their interest in Torres which tantamounts to the same thing we've done. In fact, it's much worse as they haven't even put a bid in for him yet...as far as we're aware!!!

Nearly all clubs let transfer speculation out, it bumps up the value of the player does it not?

We've had too many years being the good guys,maybe it's time to have a nasty streak as being nice for the past 34yrs has achieved us sweet FA.

I'd like to think Mancini is less single minded than Hughes and focuses on either:

Value for money domestically (best not to strength other teams transfer budget)
Any money for talent abroad.

The only good thing about paying over the odds for Milner, is MON will prob spend it on British anyway (i.e. over the odds again)

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Make one slightly generous bit, stick to it, and if they can't agree, walk away. I want to see MCFC walk away from a deal that would have put tens of millions in the hands of another EPL team and see where they would get a better deal. We are the only EPL team who would pay over the odds for a player like Milner - there are suitable alternatives on the continent.

I hope MCFC executives have learned the lessons from last season.
very, very, very good point. We need to do it just to make a point, the club will feel that they've f*cked themselves over and maybe left owning a unhappy player.<br /><br />-- Thu May 20, 2010 9:20 pm --<br /><br />
Lancet Fluke said:
vincent said:
What I want to know is why nobody has slagged off Barca when their vice-president came out this week and said 'negotiations with fabregas were complete' - even though no fee with arsenal or no approach had been made.

They aren't owned by Arabs. I'm convinced that there is a lot of racism involved in the media and the way they report us. Same with Mancini and the fact that he is Italian. Good old Arry can be as dodgy as fuck but they just love him.

Barca are loved throughout the world as having class and pedigree so nobody would ever slag them off and Twitcher gives them information, wasn't he the one who told the press of our Kaka bid?,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.