People moaning on here about anything and everything

whitefield_blue said:
Cheer up everyone, i think this is one of the happiest times i can remember as a city fan ( bar the 1st division champs season ) We are the richest club in the world, great players, rising attendances, miles better football.

Smile :)
How can you look at yourself in the mirror in the morning, when you spout an attitude like that? You'll have to shape up or ship out. It's all Hughes' fault, you know?

whitefield_blue said:
Cheer up everyone, i think this is one of the happiest times i can remember as a city fan ( bar the 1st division champs season ) We are the richest club in the world, great players, rising attendances, miles better football.

Nothing ever changes on here not that Ive been on that long but theres always plenty of doomungers on this forum thats why I dont pop upstairs that much these days!

Ive got hamburg and everton away tickets, got told today my job is safe so im all bees knees aswell....

Why does not being insanely optimistic make me a doom monger?

I don't think everything is gloomy on our horizon, far from it.

There are a lot of plusses, the ADUG money being the big one.

But, on other fronts things could and should be a whole lot better. Just because it says 'quarter final' on a match ticket doesn't mean we've had any success. Or is that plus mid table respectability good enough for some of you happy clappers?

mammutly said:
But, on other fronts things could and should be a whole lot better. Just because it says 'quarter final' on a match ticket doesn't mean we've had any success. Or is that plus mid table respectability good enough for some of you happy clappers?

I'm going to take a flyer there and say, 'for now, yes.' High mid table would be a reasonable showing, imo, under the circumstances, and should be a reasonable spring board for next season.

I'm sure everyone here is looking to progress, but I think some of us are a) more conservative about the likely rapidity of change and b) more confident in the capabilities of the incumbent coaching staff.

goat boy said:
mammutly said:

I'm going to take a flyer there and say, 'for now, yes.' High mid table would be a reasonable showing, imo, under the circumstances, and should be a reasonable spring board for next season.

I'm sure everyone here is looking to progress, but I think some of us are a) more conservative about the likely rapidity of change and b) more confident in the capabilities of the incumbent coaching staff.

Perfectly summarised, sir.

I would point out, however, that mid table would not represent 'progress' in real terms

mammutly said:
Perfectly summarised, sir.

I would point out, however, that mid table would not represent 'progress' in real terms

Aye, maybe not. Nothing's static in the PL though, is it? The top 4 is the top 4, for now, and the likes of Villa and Everton were always going to be reasonably strong, so perhaps it would always be pretty difficult to crack anything higher than 7th spot after all of those teams. Add any two from the rest stringing a few good sets of results together, and you find yourself 9th again.

Allow oneself a little optimism, take a look at the league table and note how few extra points City need to pick up to bound up the table. You might say that of anyone in mid-table, but City's fruit to pick maybe hangs lower than other's, imo. Away wins against relatively bad sides must be an easy-ish challenge to surmount. If they can perpetuate the home form while only marginally improving the away (convert any 4 of our away losses into 4 away draws and check out where the points total would put us), and City will be flying.

Give him a season or two, and I reckon Hughes will start to replicate the home form away. Check the league table and again and see where that might put us ;)

whitefield_blue said:

And this on May 20th

2647094390_9be5a0d1f6.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.