people sleeping rough.....

I did meet one lad once who chose to live on the streets. He'd been married and when that finished, made a decision to sack everything off and live rough. I used to try and get in his head a bit and try and understand how anyone could choose that lifestyle but I'm still none the wiser really. He seemed of sound mind and just used to say he preferred the lifestyle and when it got especially cold he'd do a bit of petty crime and get banged up for a couple of months for a warm up.

I'm sure he's very much in the minority though. It's an awful lot easier to identify a problem than know how to solve it but without wanting to get all political, there's something very wrong when some people can have so much and others absolutely nothing.

When it was absolutely freezing a few months back there was a guy sat near the palace clearly freezing his balls off. Bought him a cup of tea and had a chat with him and you could see the see the joy in his face from some proper human contact. All it takes is a minute of your time to make a difference to people. You could see he really didnt want to be where he was, when i asked him about it all he didnt have a clue how to get any help as he was new to being on the streets. I found him a bit of info off my phone and i hope that was enough for him.
Near new year there was a bloke sleeping rough who i took round the Spar on oxford road, got him a few supplies in. I was on my way home from work and i was annoyed i didnt have enough money to go out on the piss that night... sat this guy and it put it all into perspective really. Instead of going out i sorted this bloke out, the next day it felt a whole lot better than a hangover and an empty wallet

TCIB said:
I feel a bit for them but not enough to let them in my house.

So i'll be honest and say i have passing concern as if i really felt truly bad i couldn't just walk past them on the street, i'd have to give em a roof for the night.
I've been there, last thing I wanted or needed was a go gooder, didn't think so at the time mind

malg said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Why don't you take one in? Better still two.
No? Thought not.
Night. Don't let the bed bugs bite.
You're fucking right I wouldn't, they probably smell! Still doesn't stop me feeling a bit sorry for them though.

I have done recently. A girl who I've known since childhood who is a bit tapped with an even weirder family had been sleeping rough gave me a call just asking for somewhere to put her head down for a night but ended up 3 weeks. The poor girl was freezing carrying all her belongings, she got herself washed and her head together. No council housing left these days but found her a B&B and helped her sort it out.

I'd hate to be homeless.

de niro said:
i think all rich people with big houses should forget that they worked their bollocks of achieving a few quid and hand their house straight over to some workshy lazy slob or even better a young female chav who can't keep her fucking legs shut and her numerous children.

What a stupid thing to say.

TheMightyQuinn said:
de niro said:
i think all rich people with big houses should forget that they worked their bollocks of achieving a few quid and hand their house straight over to some workshy lazy slob or even better a young female chav who can't keep her fucking legs shut and her numerous children.

Everyone is allowed an opinion. No matter how fucking stupid it is.

mcmanus said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
de niro said:

The assumption that all rich people have worked hard whilst anyone unfortunate has only themselves to blame is bordering on the offensive.

Typical of the English mentality, ignore the real problems and attack a tramp or some single mum somewhere.

Land of hope and glory...

TheMightyQuinn said:
mcmanus said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

The assumption that all rich people have worked hard whilst anyone unfortunate has only themselves to blame is bordering on the offensive.

Typical of the English mentality, ignore the real problems and attack a tramp or some single mum somewhere.

Land of hope and glory...

I just feel sorry for them.. they cleary exude bullshit and a clueless view of the world.. i suppose everyones allowed an opinion..

If someone was in care and had nobody in the real world then ending up on the streets in your late teens is something that can and does happen. Many would then struggle to find more than a handful of people they could rely on to put them up whilst they get back on their feet. If there's no work or any kind of stigma preventing them from finding a job then it's a vicious circle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.