Pep’s 300 Games

Real Madrid second leg (last season, obviously).
Has to be. We've given out some serious hidings in the PL. But for the quality of the opposition, and the size of the occasion, it has to be that Madrid game last season. That opening 45 minutes was football on a level that I never thought I'd see a Citeh team play. Even with Pep at the helm.

Though I'm guessing there were still some grumblings in the match thread!

So if you could choose one of those games as the best one (not for the result but for the quality of the football) which one would you pick??
Stoke 7-2 at home.

First we'd seen the team really click under Peps management.

First half we were good in in the second half we were absolutely sensational. A footballing masterclass especially from Merlin and Kev in midfield. Stoke couldn't get anywhere near us and THAT pass from Kev to Sane for his goal is just unbelievable, it really is. No-one apart from Kev can produce that kind of pass in the world.

Watching it from East Stand level 3 getting a full view on the pitch was just incredible. An absolute pleasure and privilege to be there that day

So if you could choose one of those games as the best one (not for the result but for the quality of the football) which one would you pick??
Outside the Premier League for a second, Madrid 4-0. Just an utterly insane game of football. Never known the quality be so close on paper but the match be such a demolition.

But in the PL, a bit of an outside pick is the 6-0 against Watford away in 2017. The kind of result that isn't exactly commonplace now, but big teams winning by huge margins despite being away from home happens way more often these days. I remember telling my mum the score cos she'd missed the game and I couldn't quite believe what was coming out of my mouth.

That little run when we won 6-0 vs Watford, 5-0 vs Palace, and 7-2 vs Stoke was when I realised "Ooh hang on, something's happening here" (what it is ain't exactly clear, etc. etc.).

Shoutouts to the 6-0 against Chelsea in 2019, the 2-1 over Liverpool in 2019, the 2-0 against Villa in the lockdown season and the Gundogan 3-2 against Villa in 2022. We've had some good times. We can dine out on Pep era forever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.