Pep & gpc

cityontheup

It’s always been rumoured that pep met gpc to discuss replacing him when he retired from the swamp. If this meeting did indeed take place I was wondering how the conversation went and what exactly was said. In particular what pep said about the offer if one was made.

It’s always been rumoured that pep met gpc to discuss replacing him when he retired from the swamp. If this meeting did indeed take place I was wondering how the conversation went and what exactly was said. In particular what pep said about the offer if one was made.
He just said NO

It was a phone call apparently and Pep never rang him back. Rest is history.

He met him in New York they had dinner, GPC intimated to him that he would step aside for the right replacement and gave him his number to call him when he was ready to get back into football He already had signed a three year contract with Bayern having met with Uli Hoeness to discuss the Bayern job. He never call GPC Ferguson saw Hoeness in a restaurant Asked what he was doing there he said a business trip which was true as he had a sausage business and was meeting his son in Chicago Ferguson was spending time there in his apartment
This is in Guillem Balague’s book Pep Guardiola Another way of Winning

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I saw a short clip of the 2 of them meeting either before or after some game.

I'm equally sure that the GPC looked his usual sozzled self (ie moving like Biden) and called Pep "Pepe" by mistake.

I don't think that Pep would have either appreciated that nor forgot it either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.