Pep & gpc

First time I have heard this rumour, as we were lining Pep up from Soran and Tkixi coming, and it sort of said as much in that bbc doc, I doubt they ever formally met to do this, maybe informally as managers spoken in hypotheticals about slurs retirement but cannot see the question of will you replace me being ever asked or answered
Yeah, it wasn’t like an official interview or anything. Think it was during Pep’s sabbatical when he was spending time in New York and Baconface had a gaff over there too so they met up one day. The idea of Pep taking the United job probably just came up in general conversation.

I know some United fans - long before Pep was announced as our manager - were hanging their hopes on a simple one line comment Pep made when he attended what I think was the CL semi against Schalke at Old Trafford in 2011 - “It’s a nice atmosphere here - I can imagine myself managing here one day” or something like that. However, things change quickly in football and that was probably before Pep was even on our radar as we were still a year away from winning the league under Mancini who was very much in favour with our hierarchy in 2011.

I also wonder what peps thoughts were when gpc gave the psg team a pep talk (no pun intended) before a match against us

Not a chance gpc would have given the ok for Pep to replace him, he would have shattered all of his records and written gpc out of the record books, thats why he put a stooge in like Moyes and has hung over that fucking club like the grim reaper for the past 10yrs. Nobody can better what he did there.

His pen was poised over the contract and then the GPC said that he would be in the stands making sure Pep understood what Yoonited were all about! And Pep had to pass his teamsheet to Paddy Crerand to look over and see he had included a lad born in Trafford.

Ferguson is so much of a narcissist that he probably gets a kick out of the scum being so shite since he shuffled off.

Probably why he pushed so hard for Moysey to take over and why he sits there like Stadler and Waldorf from the Muppets every game.

Guardiola would’ve been too much of a threat to his legacy to ever get the rag job.

He met him in New York they had dinner, GPC intimated to him that he would step aside for the right replacement and gave him his number to call him when he was ready to get back into football He already had signed a three year contract with Bayern having met with Uli Hoeness to discuss the Bayern job. He never call GPC Ferguson saw Hoeness in a restaurant Asked what he was doing there he said a business trip which was true as he had a sausage business and was meeting his son in Chicago Ferguson was spending time there in his apartment
This is in Guillem Balague’s book Pep Guardiola Another way of Winning
I was expecting a punchline at the end there, a little surprised to see it was a true story :)

Would have helped if bacon face could get his name right rather than calling him pepe

Pep wanted to create a legacy himself so wouldn't follow in gpcs footsteps

I’ve just found the thread by Salford Paul. He called it even before Pellegrini was officially announced as our manager. The only error is that he said Pep would do 2 years in Munich, not three:
Credit to salfordpaul calling it nearly 3 years before it happened.

Some posters look very foolish on that thread

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.