Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to see that he acknowledges this plan and this squad has probably peaked over the last 2 years, and that now it's extremely unlikely that we win the league that he cares about the long-term future of the club and starts blooding the likes of Foden, Garcia, THB and Doyle in league games, we're comfortably top 4 and we could put our squad in a much stronger position if we have 2/3 youngsters with double figures in league games under their belt by season's end and can focus our budget on quality, not quantity. We really need 4/5 new signings across the squad but if 1/2 could be filled by first team conditioned youngsters then we save our budget for maybe 3 big signings.

At the moment my frustration is he keeps favouring Gundogan over Foden despite it being clear that Gundogan is offering nowhere near what is needed to fashion results and he is shoehorned into a spot in the side at the expense of the most talented lad our academy has maybe ever produced, and sorry, our lad will always win in the hearts and minds of City supporters.

Foden needs to start at home to Chelsea, and Garcia and Doyle need to be on the bench regularly through the Christmas run and Garcia in particular picking up the odd start. We've practically conceded the title already with Pep's sticking plaster approach, let's make sure we're in the best position to win it in future years by creating the next version of this side.

Thought he got things pretty much spot on today. Slight tweak in the shape with Gundogan alongside Rodri and De Bruyne ahead of them, and I thought we outplayed them through the midfield. Sterling and Silva did a decent job of occupying the fullbacks - Robertson made one telling contribution with a great cross, otherwise the two of them posed no threat. Only questionable decision perhaps was Angelino, which didn't really pay off. And he perhaps could have changed things sooner in the second half.

So, wins don't matter, what matters is he was offside in some of those games? Do you suffer from brain injury or something?
I do actually but that has no bearing on my eyes,it's a bad habit that he shows zero interest in correcting,we might get few chances in a tight game,he has to take up better positions

Sorry, hadn't realised that.

The infuriating thing about Aguero is that he too often has games when he needs 4 chances to score 1, but he did look potent today and caused their defenders problems with his movement.
Don't worry,i was being sarky because i defend sergio to the hilt usually,i thought he was ok but could have been a bit sharper at times

I do actually but that has no bearing on my eyes,it's a bad habit that he shows zero interest in correcting,we might get few chances in a tight game,he has to take up better positions

Sorry for my stupid question.

I don't think Gabby is the finished article, he can't be at 22 and without playing regularly. I think you are harsh on him. But ultimately only time will tell.

Apologies again.

Surprised you didn’t say I’m talking crap as Pep won the Catalonian Church District U10 trophy so therefore he got everything spot on today as he always does.

I'm not surpirsed you don't come across as very smart though.

I'm not surpirsed you don't come across as very smart though.

You’re opinions are null and void as you’re incapable of having a discussion on it as you always revert to “he knows and has won more than you so you’re talking shite”

The irony is, Pep will be criticising and questioning himself as that’s is what winners do, not happy clap like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.