Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wishing to offend you David, but it seems a bit OCD to go searching through historical posts. I've noticed that you do this a lot when people disagree with you. Do you suffer from autism? If so, I'm sorry for pushing your buttons.

Actually agree with you on Bobby but using autism to make fun of the person you're arguing with is disgusting. I hope you never have a child or someone you love with autism because their life will be much harder with you in it.

And yet you can see no wrong in an egomaniac,that was on course to implode our club,beyond favouring Balotelli too much.

C'mon....youre better than that.
Hold on a minute... I can see plenty of 'wrong' in Mancini, and with hindsight, I can understand why it was time for him to be moved on by the club.
However, it will never change the fact that Roberto Mancini touched my sky blue heart in a way that no City manager had since Joe Mercer.

You see... I am better than that :)

Actually agree with you on Bobby but using autism to make fun of the person you're arguing with is disgusting. I hope you never have a child or someone you love with autism because their life will be much harder with you in it.
Don't get me wrong Vince. I'm not making 'fun' of anyone... I have long experience of working with staff etc who are/were 'on the spectrum' (horrible phrase but unfortunately one frequently used in business)
It was a genuine question to try to understand why a poster seemed to be so obsessive. It will help me to understand/temper my approach etc in any future correspondence with the poster.

Non of the Mancini fan boys will have a reply to this. I don’t want to play down what Mancini did for us, but the season after our title win we still had the best squad in the league by a country mile and we failed in every competition we entered. Pretty poor title defence, knocked out the group stages of the champions league, embarrassing defeat to Wigan in the Fa Cup final and the players fighting amongst each other. It was a bad season and it was definitely time for him to go.

I see people go on about the signing of Van Persie won United the league, but we had Balotelli, Dzeko, Sergio and Tevez to fall back on. Hardly struggling for options.
Never backed him after the title win - huge mistake.

Never backed him after the title win - huge mistake.

No we didn’t, but that was because of UEFA breathing down our necks. To me, it’s no excuse though. People bang on about how we didn’t sign Van Persie, but we already had over £100m worth of strikers, three which Mancini signed. Compare that squad to Uniteds and it’s a no match, we should have walked our way to a couple of titles.

No we didn’t, but that was because of UEFA breathing down our necks. To me, it’s no excuse though. People bang on about how we didn’t sign Van Persie, but we already had over £100m worth of strikers, three which Mancini signed. Compare that squad to Uniteds and it’s a no match, we should have walked our way to a couple of titles.

I have also noticed a lot of contradictory statements about how great that team was but how simultaneously we didn’t strengthen enough to beat a fairly mediocre Rag team to the title

We should have breezed the title in 2011/12 and 2012/13 given the quality of the squad compared to everyone else. I’m glad we didn’t walk it in 11/12 in the end because the way we won it was perfection, but we should have been out of sight

Then of course there’s the failure to get out of the group stage in the Champions League…

I have also noticed a lot of contradictory statements about how great that team was but how simultaneously we didn’t strengthen enough to beat a fairly mediocre Rag team to the title

We should have breezed the title in 2011/12 and 2012/13 given the quality of the squad compared to everyone else. I’m glad we didn’t walk it in 11/12 in the end because the way we won it was perfection, but we should have been out of sight

Then of course there’s the failure to get out of the group stage in the Champions League…

Exactly mate. Mancini underperformed with the squad we had. I know I’ll get some shit for that, but it’s true. Winning the league with peak Hart, Zaba, Vinnie, Yaya, Silva and Sergio was the minimum you should expect, especially as there was no stand out teams in the prem at the time.

They’ll also try to convince you Mancini wouldn’t have lost the champs league final, ironic considering his European record.

If pep doesn't win "all four" in any given season he will have his detractors.

And if he wins all four, he will still have "one"
According to some posters on here, if he doesn’t win all four he’s a fraud and if he does win all four its because the other teams were weak.

You just can’t please some people. Fortunately the folks that run the Club know better !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.