Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

City 2023 beats Barca 2009 based on experience and knowledge.

Barca 2009 has more collective talent though
Barca 2009 the best club side I have ever seen, they made the rags look like a sunday pub side in the CL final.

And don't forget Messi at peak levels.

I think Pep will be with us for a lot longer, he has produced an incredible side(s) but I also think he knows it can get better, a lot better, even more so with the talent now coming through the academy.

City 2023 beats Barca 2009 based on experience and knowledge.

Barca 2009 has more collective talent though
Ooh I don't know but that would be an amazing game to see.

That Barcelona side is the most mind-blowing and beautiful football I've ever seen, but 2023 City had a highly technical discipline and resilience that I don't think anyone's ever seen before.

Happy Birthday Pep. Hopefully we will win a few more trophies this season.

Last edited:
Barca 2009 the best club side I have ever seen, they made the rags look like a sunday pub side in the CL final.

And don't forget Messi at peak levels.

I think Pep will be with us for a lot longer, he has produced an incredible side(s) but I also think he knows it can get better, a lot better, even more so with the talent now coming through the academy.
Yeah and being fair that scum side was an absolutely brilliant team. Was fantastic how much Barca outclassed them in 2 finals.

Yeah and being fair that scum side was an absolutely brilliant team. Was fantastic how much Barca outclassed them in 2 finals.
Sir Alex Ferguson's Fist Shaking on Make a GIF

He remembers that team well, just like the noisy neighbour teams are making his life hell ;)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

• New BBC Sport documentary & four-part podcast is launching Wednesday 24 January 2024
  • Watch at 22:40 on BBC One and iPlayer, and listen on BBC Sounds
  • Preview available upon request - please check with us if you would like to publish a story on any news lines within the documentary prior to TX

In any previews or coverage, please credit the above TX details

Pep Guardiola: Chasing Perfection

A deep dive into Pep’s relentless pursuit of perfection

…insight from Pep’s inner circle, including friends, former colleagues and players – including Mikel Arteta, Txiki Bergeristan, Carles Puyol, Ilkay Gundogan, Kyle Walker and Phil Foden

• The documentary is available on BBC One and iPlayer at 22:40 on Wednesday 24 January
  • Accompanying four-part podcast series is available on BBC Sounds from Wednesday 24 January, just search ‘Sporting Giants’

How and why has Pep Guardiola been able to revolutionise football?

The documentary and accompanying podcast series offers a deep dive into Pep’s relentless pursuit of perfection, and the methods and motivations that have led him to leave a lasting imprint on the beautiful game.

Fascinating interviews from Pep’s inner circle, including friends, former colleagues and players – including Mikel Arteta, Txiki Bergeristan, Carles Puyol, Ilkay Gundogan, Kyle Walker and Phil Foden. Uncover Pep’s journey from a small-town in Catalonia to the awe-inspiring Camp Nou, and the importance of his pivotal relationship with managerial guru Johan Cruyff.

Spanish World Cup winner Carles Puyol lifts the lid on Guardiola’s innovative approach to managing Barcelona’s first team, whilst disclosing how he dealt with the pressures of an intense rivalry with Jose Mourinho.

After his dramatic departure from Barca, Pep’s closest confidants discuss his constant search for self-improvement and a New York sabbatical that led to his Bayern Munich appointment. Star players Robert Lewandowski and Manuel Neuer reveal the leadership challenges Pep faced as he strove to apply his football philosophy to a club steeped in history.

Current Manchester City players Phil Foden and Kyle Walker bring to life Guardiola’s relentless work ethic, whilst former Oasis singer Noel Gallagher reflects on how Pep took the club from a fourth place finish to a 100 point title-winning season in the space of the year.

From his humble beginnings as boss of Barcelona B, to his crowning moment in the 2023 Champions League, this documentary charts Pep’s transcendent managerial journey across Europe’s top leagues.

It is the definitive origin story of a once-in-a-generation genius footballing mind.

Watch Pep Guardiola: Chasing Perfection on BBC One and iPlayer at 22:40 Wednesday 24 January. Listeners can delve deeper with an accompanying four-part podcast series on BBC Sounds, presented by Steve Crossman and Guillem Balague by searching Sporting Giants.

the short version!

Watch Pep Guardiola: Chasing Perfection on BBC One and iPlayer at 22:40 Wednesday 24 January. Listeners can delve deeper with an accompanying four-part podcast series on BBC Sounds, presented by Steve Crossman and Guillem Balague by searching Sporting Giants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.