Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Don't know pep knows more than anyone about football he sees what players have in training! His persistence with Alvarez in midfield is baffling foden not being trusted in that position when he has the best touch in the squad! Then he brings Bob on who has never played left wing! It's like the first 20 games of the season he tries loads of different things to he settles for the team he wants
Worst thing about is at the beginning of the season when foden was playing in the midfield we where winning games and controlling without kdb then suddenly he changes it and we are terrible . If he carry’s on with alveraz in midfield then sure as shit we ain’t winning fuck all

I would say our level is actually better than last season
Imagine being this blind.
Chelsea Liverpool Spurs Arsenal Wolves the games this season we drew or lost were won't last season. We are way off last season and deluded folks think everything is good. Rags are three points behind us and they are trolled for their show

Imagine being this blind.
Chelsea Liverpool Spurs Arsenal Wolves the games this season we drew or lost were won't last season. We are way off last season and deluded folks think everything is good. Rags are three points behind us and they are trolled for their show
Rags were 3 points behind us last season too at one moment (around January actually). Second, comparing fixtures between seasons is pointless. Some teams get stronger (like Villa and Tottenham), some others weaker (like Brentford)...the moment when you face them is also different. City in the first half of the season is a different beast to second half of the season. And on top of that you have to compare yourself to the title contenders.

The reality is we already played all the difficult fixtures for the 1st half, the next 5 games are pretty easy. The next 11 games are easy except Newcastle away, and Liverpool and Arsenal have to play soon.

We also need to remember pep has a massive ego and he needs to reinvent the wheel every season so that is what we are doing atm .
Good point and a true one for me, I expect a new plan and hopefully a winning one any game now.

Worst thing about is at the beginning of the season when foden was playing in the midfield we where winning games and controlling without kdb then suddenly he changes it and we are terrible . If he carry’s on with alveraz in midfield then sure as shit we ain’t winning fuck all

At the beginning of the season both Foden and Alvarez played behind Halaand. Walker pushed very high up. I guess that it was stopped because Walker energy was dropping and teams also started to find a way to deal with it.

Pep also gave some reasons like defensive issues.

Well I understand that why Foden is not the perfect midfielder in Pep eyes : defensive duty and need Walker holding the width etc...

But then it would be Kovacic Bernado Nunes or even Grealish as better candidates if we buy into this logic -- they are better defensively (at least in most people's view). but not Alvarez. it is totally acceptable to put someone more defensive minded and less a goal threat into the middle while put Foden and Doku on the wings.

I feel that Pep holds players into different standard. You cannot use pausa or defensive issues against Foden then suddenly decide that Alvarez is a better candidate instead. I don't have any issue of alvarez. He is a very good player but I don't think that he is as good as a guaranteed starter in this team. He is good enough to share the game time with other attacking players.

This game is a good example. I don't think any other PL coaches will put on double strikers when your only defensive midfielder cannot play. Most team will try to put on more defensive minded midfielders to cover the center and start only one striker. And after 45 minutes no changes were made during HT it is really beyond me...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.