Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me one good chance Palace had after the first goal. Please tell me the possesion stats after their first goal. Did they have a breakthrough? You lnow the answers to all of those.

Inverted wibger was the way we won the treble. Also we don't have KDb, Doku and Haaland, so the front 4 from today was the only possible one. Why would you want Stones? We kept the possesion quite easily and didn't need an extra body there to break the lines.
I wanted Stones because they were pressing higher up on the defence and he would’ve helped out there, he’s more of a leader than any of those on the pitch at the moment. No fucking good having all that possession if we do fuck all with it as was shown today but having wingers going outside might have got more goals

Idk...Bring on some legs to help us see out the win.

Alvarez couldn't move past the 60th minute. Get Nunes/Stones/Akanji on for him, and push Phil up top? Anything. The writing has been on the wall multiple times this season and he's failed to even attempt to change it before it happens.
Nunes the guy who almost everyone says is not at our level? Akanji who almost everyone has been criticizing for the last month? Stones who had a really bad match ib the midweek and who cannot play more than once a week (according to most).

Again, answer this: when did we lose control of the match? When did Palace start crating chances? When weere they cobtrolling the match? You know all those answers.

Every season, it's always like this, when he keeps tinkering with the backline, the team drops points. Yet, when he consistently plays the same backline every game, we win everything!

Game management & tactics poor at the minute. Lack of subs is really costing us.

Alvarez utter bollox again but stays on.
Lewis struggling yet doesnt sub him
Playing players out of position

Pep just complicating it for me

Not sure why he was so reluctant to make any substitutions in regulation time, he didn’t even have anyone warming up. Palace were clearly becoming more adventurous but left it too late to change anything and by the time it happened it was too late.

This no subs when 1 or 2 up by pep is so weird he thinks it would cost us more than making any subs! For me once they scored there first goal subs needed to happen..

Silva of for Nunes

Alvarez of for Kovacic

Foden off for Bob

Yep Pep I know more than you ;)

Season so far is on him more than anybody. Poor tactical setups, persisting with things that just aren't working, arent giving us anything offensively and leaving us incredibly vulnerable defensively.

Refusal to use the bench when the entire team looks on its arse. There's a very very clear pattern of every team getting considerably stronger as the game goes into the last 20, they make subs bring on fresh legs and they have the impetus, pep responds by doing absolutely nothing leaving players who are flagging out to get roasted 1v1 because the system isolates our defenders and gives them minimal backup.

Doesn't matter if we get kdb back fresh and firing along with doku and haaland and have zero injuries, we will still drop too many points we shouldnt because the tactics aren't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.