Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep demands 100%..if what he deems the simple things were not getting carried out properly then he will rightly pull them on it

We cannot let our standards slip and Pep wont allow it - if we perform to our level or reach the next level and then lose - Pep wont be worried as he knows we did our best. However if we don't perform to our standard i.e sloppy passes etc etc and lose or win, Pep will be fuming

This season is going to be tough in terms of winning back to back titles and Pep knows it

Complacency is one of his biggest no-no's - it will not be allowed to manifest itself in the team

I think he's being a little harsh,comfortable win,yes could have scored a few more,but that's the case every game isn't it ?

Got a very early goal,couldn't ask for more,and won at ease really.no point running them into the ground with what's coming up.

Before the game most would have said a comfortable 3 or 4 -0 win,and that is what happened,if it was after the Newcastle game a few weeks back however,I could understand it more

His anger is probably stemming from the last 3 games and this one probably tip him over. You hit the woodwork 3 times and missed 2 1 v 1 against Wolverhampton, a few missed chances against Newcastle and then Fulham game another 3-4 chances missed. At this point last season you started flying with goal galore after thumping Pool 5-0.

It's obvious that Pep looks at Chelsea and Pool as contenders as they have strength, so until your safe distance from them he won't rest or let the players rest. You'll have games were it'll be hard to score but missing these chances can be costly.

I have a feeling this year the players are going to see a much nastier side of pep.

I don’t mean that in a particularly bad way, I just mean if they start slacking or fucking about he’ll kill ‘em. Look at Mendy and his social media & cancelling a rest day even though we won 3-0. It’s that sort of stuff that makes him the best at what he does, even if people hate him.

I do answer the point myself. If a side wins forty odd matches over the course of the season, losing only 5 or 6 relevant matches, like Pep, this vindicates the approach clearly works, suits the players and so its a question of improving the current methodology, not changing.
I wasn’t suggesting changing the approach in all the games. Just the games where the same style beats us repeatedly.

He needs to keep things really simple. Look at teams that won the league in the last few years. They were settled teams with predictable line ups including ours last year.

Keep is simple please!

We need to sharpen up on Plan A, not an alternative plan. Also, still waiting to hear why you haven't posted more frequently, given how successful we've become since you signed up on here.
If plan A is definitely seen as not possessing certain weaknesses that are exploited by certain styles and it’s just that our execution of it that let us down then great, let’s sharpen it up. It just seemed to me that for that plan to produce the same flaws against the same style repeatedly, it might be more than that and an adapted approach might be useful.

So the ref had no part to play in the game?
Yes of course. The refr had a part to play in a few of our games, for and against us. The way we played in the first leg was the bigger problem. And we didn’t have enough in us in the second leg.
The ref has an effect but we didn’t really ever get that close to going through. It wasn’t a small margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.