Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry my english is no good.

I will let this video Athletic - Barça, 20 years ago.

Starting the video you can watch Guardiola grabbing arm Luis Fernández, manager of Athletic then, and saying him "you never laugh at the rival, you never laugh at the rival".

Athletic won, and Luis Fernández (french manager son of spanish parents, and ex player of PSG), who always was an agitator man, laugh at Luis Figo making him a swim gesture and laughing in his face, meaning Figo throws himself to the ground simulating foul.

Then Guardiola said those words to Fernández.

Also, we in spanish have 2 ways to talk to you. "Tú" and "usted". "Tú" is
colloquial confidence expression. You use "tú" with your friend, with your mate, or with a young unknown.
But you use "usted" with old people, with the man who is doing you a work interview, with a customer, with an
unknown who has an age
that deserves respect... "usted" shows respect and distance.

But Guardiola used "usted" with Fernandez. "(Usted) nunca se ria del contrario". "You never laugh at the rival".

Obvious, if you argue with someone you use "tú", because you dont respect them. You fight with an unknown fool on street and you dont say "usted", you say "túuuu are a fool! Tu go away!".

Using "usted" in this situation is very so... Guardiola.

He looked pensive at times yesterday.
He has tweaked the play of the team and we have lost a little bit of balance.
I’m finding myself thinking why try to fix something that wasn’t broken but this constant evolution is what makes the manager great.

Only 4 games in but it appears to me that this title defence is going to be a tough one.

He looked pensive at times yesterday.
He has tweaked the play of the team and we have lost a little bit of balance.
I’m finding myself thinking why try to fix something that wasn’t broken but this constant evolution is what makes the manager great.

Only 4 games in but it appears to me that this title defence is going to be a tough one.
He planned for KDB to be pulling the strings,given that has gone to rat shit,it was bound to have repercussions in terms of our play.He's also still trying to find the best balance in our forward play,we have so much talent from midfield that it will probably take a bit of time to discover our most fluid formation.

He planned for KDB to be pulling the strings,given that has gone to rat shit,it was bound to have repercussions in terms of our play.He's also still trying to find the best balance in our forward play,we have so much talent from midfield that it will probably take a bit of time to discover our most fluid formation.
Too true.
Any team on the planet would miss KDB.
Fernandinho’s form is concerning although again early days.

Hope he realsied how much better we were when bernardo came on and we played last seasons 433 (4231)

Think he's struggling with his XI after KDB injury, plus integrating Mahrez & Laporte/Mendy who both still need integration

Trust in pep

Plus he appears to me to be using this phase of the season as an extension of preseason.

No KDB, new players in Mendy and Mahrez, actually having all four centre backs fit mean that he will have to find a new formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.