Pep Guardiola set to leave FC Barcelona

nqpjqf.jpg

adrianr said:
Possibly some sort of youth development role? He won everything with Barcelona, but no offence the guy he doesn't exactly seem cut out for top level management. He's already been feeling the strain when Barca were beating everyone, and at the first sign of real adversity it's tipped him over the edge. Will anyone really want to entrust a top level long term project to someone who has shown he'll even walk away from what is essentially his own club?

Maybe something a bit more behind the scenes would be great for him. Out of the spotlight, still developing players. Possibly a bit too much of a step down after his current position granted but if you can't stand the heat..!

The more I think about it the more I think that running the City Academy would be the perfect role with a view to possibly managing the first team in the future
Get to it Khally !!

How good a manager is he ? For me the jury's still out in terms of him being amongst the elite managers in Europe.

He inherited a team which included Xavi, Iniesta and a Messi just coming in to his prime. It may be daft to say that any manager could lead that team to glory but the quality of the squad he inherited is obviously a major factor in the success that followed.

If the worst case scenario does happen and our owners decide that Mancini isn't the man for the job I wouldn't like to see Pep at City. We can't really criticize a style of play that's led us to our best season in 40 years but to play devil's advocate could we not be even better if we played with more width rather than playing 700 passes in front of the 18yd box while trying to break through teams with massed ranks of defenders lined up across the box ?

Pep will take Mancini's style to the nth degree, it may work with magicians like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in the team but take Messi out of their side and we're probably as good as they are.

Never actually rated him as a top coach anyway. Aside from the players he inherited, the playing style of Barcelona is ingrained in players from the youth team upwards. Hardly Guardiola-oligy. If he's made enough money he can retire, and live off the back of his success, carrying on as usual may tarnish any reputation, think Dalglish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.