Pep: I would have been sacked at Barca or Bayern.

Only Leicester last season and Chelsea this have won the Premier league whilst not playing in Europe.

Anomalies of Chelsea's awful season and Leicester's unbelievably good one aside, the PL has almost always been won by a side who has been consistently decent for a number of seasons and therefore secured European qualification the previous year.

Liverpool came the closest they've ever been to winning the Premier League title when they had a Europe-free season. Less games means less fatigue and injuries; Sturridge had his most fit and healthy campaign for Liverpool. On the flip side, they finished 6th the following season whilst juggling European responsibilities and the extra games certainly don't appear to have done Leicester any favours either.

The benefits are obvious from a domestic point of view.

The Stoke game was where he picked the wrong side for me - resting our playmaker and then having to bring him on with more pressure and urgency on him to change the game. I don't think he underestimated Stoke but do think he made the wrong call. 3 certain points forfeited. We were on a great run and confident. The result was somewhat deflating going into 3 lottery games against opposition where the outcome with whatever side we turned out was going to be tough. As it turned out our points haul was poor.
That said I've seen more than enough positives to be excited about our future with Pep. He hasn't been infallible as some argue, no manager is, but I'm confident he'll learn and will be hugely successful with us.

I dont subscribe to the pathetic claim I'm afraid.

When we won the league twice where all our challengers also pathetic?
No, we won in 2012 by goal difference and 2014 by two points, not counting the one the scum won by 11 points, Chelsea beat us by 8 in 2015 and the last two seasons we have been behind the winner by 15 points each, to me that's pathetic for a club that's generally starting off as favourites.

No, we won in 2012 by goal difference and 2014 by two points, not counting the one the scum won by 11 points, Chelsea beat us by 8 in 2015 and the last two seasons we have been behind the winner by 15 points each, to me that's pathetic for a club that's generally starting off as favourites.
I know that mate, Leicester was a fluke last season and Chelsea this year is a result of their downing tools against Peg, the winner next season will be playing in Europe, let's just hope it's us.

Would losing the title by a point or 2 give you any comfort or is losing the title, losing the title end of?

If you cant win it then at least qualify for the CL and we have done just that when we haven't won the title and the points difference between us and the eventual winners is of little to no significance whatsoever imo.

Would losing the title by a point or 2 give you any comfort or is losing the title, losing the title end of?

If you cant win it then at least qualify for the CL and we have done just that when we haven't won the title and the points difference between us and the eventual winners is of little to no significance whatsoever imo.
It's not is it, as it's an indication as to our performances over 38 games and given our expectations in August being behind 15 points and scrambling for top 4 on the last day is in my opinion absolutely pathetic.

It's not is it, as it's an indication as to our performances over 38 games and given our expectations in August being behind 15 points and scrambling for top 4 on the last day is in my opinion absolutely pathetic.

More hyperbole.

Scrambling on the last day for top 4?

I will leave it here because we wont ever agree.

When you think that we got of to exceptional starts for each of the last two campaigns the final conclusion sweating on the last game of the season well adrift of the winners is very disappointing to say the least. But hey maybe next year we will be better.

More hyperbole.

Scrambling on the last day for top 4?

I will leave it here because we wont ever agree.
We had two win last seasons final game to get top 4 on goal difference and are still not guaranteed this year, that to me is not hyperbole but facts on two very poor campaigns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.