Pep only here 3 years?

K-Bo

Interesting to see this article pop up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-already-looking-pep-7515034

Thought this would be the case when he only signed a 3 year deal. Considering we've been trying to get pep for over a decade this would be a little disappointing to only get him for 3 years. I get he wouldn't want to end his career here but at the same time not sure 3 years would be enough to do all the things expected of him from where we are right now, IE win the champions league, form some semblance of genuine domestic dominance and integrate the academy into the first team. I think 5 would have been the ideal amount.

It's the mirror so i'm not clicking on it,i suppose talking about him leaving before he gets here gives them their usual negative slant

To be expected.. Can't remember if it was Khaldoon or Txiki who said it, but there was a comment that football works in cycles and its essential to keep things moving forward so you dont remain static.

3 years sounds about right with how we have worked so far. Mancini (Mid season 09 - 12/13), Pellegrini (13/14 - 15/16), Pep (16/17 - 18/19)

3 years is a life time in football management.

As we stand Paddy has a 100% win record at NYCFC. Lots will happen between now and when we next have to make a decision.

It's the mirror so i'm not clicking on it,i suppose talking about him leaving before he gets here gives them their usual negative slant

I've never understood this stance against the Mirror. They basically requested we post links in the forum as opposed to copy and pasting the articles directly, what's the problem?

Before the internet, if they'd requested you didn't photocopy thousands of copies of their back page, blacked out the adverts, and handed them out on the street, I don't think it would be seen as an unreasonable request.

In the internet age, newspapers generate their revenue by the amount of clicks they get on their site. The more clicks, the higher the premium advertisers will pay. Newspapers are hardly flourishing, they're actually on their arse. Revenue they get from clicks goes towards paying the journalists and photographers who get the stories that we can talk about on here.

If we never clicked on a newspaper site again, they would get no revenue. They would then be forced to close, and eventually we would have no free press. That's not a society I want to live in.

The Mirror, or any other newspaper asking you to click a link as opposed to copy and pasting their content is basically them asking for you not to steal their product. I don't think that is unreasonable. It doesn't cost you anything to click the link, all it does it cost the advertisers more. I really don't understand what the problem is.

Everybody seems to want a free press, wants journalists to exist, but no one wants to pay for it anymore. That is the modern world, people aren't buying newspapers anymore, we want our news for free. That's fine, but then who pays the journalists wages?

Consuming news for free is seemingly what everyone wants. But the reality is, there are costs involved with reporting the news, and someone has to pay for it. The Mirror wanting us to paste links means the advertisers are paying for it, and we are getting it for free. I really don't think that is unreasonable.

pffff, sticking the boot in.

i'm not clicking on it but does perform a balanced analysis on the tradition of management cycling in European football vs the obsession for continuity in the UK?

how Bayern, Barca, Juve, PSG, Ajax etc have always turned over managers every few seasons?

the obsession with long term management is surely born from Fergie and Wenger

He's not even started yet so I've no idea why anyone is giving any credence to stories in the Mirror about what happens in 3 years time.

Both his last two tenures have seen tensions with the board, which may have had something to do with him departing. It's possible he'll last longer if he is allowed to get on with coaching and not having to manage upwards as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.