Pep's contract situation

I think almost certainly not, no. He will be acutely aware that the players are not as responsive to him as they once were. And he’s always said that will be when he goes.

Which manager signed Rodri, Mendy, Walker, Gundogan, Stones and Cancelo?

At the end of the day we are not talking about old players at the end of their careers or players Pep inherited when he joined the club. We are talking about players who Pep signed, or at least gave his approval, who cannot play his system anymore.

De Bruyne looked like he couldn’t be arsed running back today and look at the state of the first penalty Leicester got awarded.

Both Dinho and Mahrez fail to win the ball but they also fail to make the foul. We were renowned for the tactical fouling dark arts but it seems the players cannot even be arsed to do that anymore.

The real stupidity of this side, and this must come from the tactics, is the lack of defensive responsibility. Again, going back to the first Leicester penalty, Rodri is running forwards before Dinho has even won the ball. His though isn’t to cover our defence, it’s to potentially start an attack. This attitude is the epitome of why we cannot defend for shit.

Just look at our PL record over the past 12 months, I’m pretty sure we’ve lost more PL games than Arsenal and United, if not it must be close. That’s despite being the most prolific side. Then there’s the constant repetition in the CL where we cannot defend against bang average sides like Spurs and Lyon who knock us out.

Pep quite simply has to change things and get us sorted at the back. If he insists on playing his way, we’ll be in a fight for the top 4.

there isn’t really any club in the world where the manager is in charge of signings. He is involved of course but if pep wasn’t here the managerwould bechosen by the same people choosing the players and the profile of player we sign would therefore be broadly similar.

I think Pepneeds to change some things. Selection v Lyon for example (although in a way the problem there was changing from his usual system) but broadly speaking his ways haveproduced the best football we have seen.

you can improve with a small number ofnew players. Look at Kante going to Leicester and then Chelsea.We need the next one of him. Thenext Fernandinho.

I feel that the down-ward spiral started with Arteta leaving. It really felt like Pep had his soulmate next to him with Mikel. Also, he seemed to have a positive influence on the team and it seems like he is making wonders with an Arsenal that have been constantly under-performing in recent years. Two trophies in recent months and victories against Liverpool x2, us and Chelsea.

Unfortunately, the down-side with seeing Centurions and Fourmidables and the Agueroooo moment is that inevitably it can’t get any better. Today I considered breaking up with football because those years will not be bettered. But I know damn well I’ll be watching the next game anyway, that’s how it is.

Think it’s time for Pep to go unfortunately. We look extremely unbalanced and the CM disaster with Rodri/Gundogan is gonna continue for a long time.

Wouldn’t mind Bodgers as a manager. Liked him at Swansea and Liverpool and think he could build and amazing side.

I think Pep gave the players an excuse pre-game by bemoaning injuries and a thin squad of fit players, all facts but he shouldn't have highlighted it. I think he misses Arteta massively, his organizational skills are clearly missed. His intensity will wear on some older players but to doubt his skills would be a mistake in my opinion. He's never stayed anywhere long enough to do a full rebuild so he may have self doubts but I would love him to stay and succeed as the football he delivers is sometimes sublime. A defensive coach wouldn't go amiss.

I feel that the down-ward spiral started with Arteta leaving. It really felt like Pep had his soulmate next to him with Mikel. Also, he seemed to have a positive influence on the team and it seems like he is making wonders with an Arsenal that have been constantly under-performing in recent years. Two trophies in recent months and victories against Liverpool x2, us and Chelsea.

Unfortunately, the down-side with seeing Centurions and Fourmidables and the Agueroooo moment is that inevitably it can’t get any better. Today I considered breaking up with football because those years will not be bettered. But I know damn well I’ll be watching the next game anyway, that’s how it is.

Think it’s time for Pep to go unfortunately. We look extremely unbalanced and the CM disaster with Rodri/Gundogan is gonna continue for a long time.

Wouldn’t mind Bodgers as a manager. Liked him at Swansea and Liverpool and think he could build and amazing side.
No
Kompany is the only one to succeed Pep imo .

what worked two years does not work anymore. also we are not exactly like we were two years ago. We pressed a lot, we had lot of energy, we worked hard. We hassled defences put pressure on them to make mistakes and we scored lots of our chances.

We changed for the worse, while defence got worse on its own due to personnel.

We had Delph and Zinchenko playing pretty well at LB, not making many mistakes in 17-18, now we have Mendy there who is no help at all defensively or going forward.
And the mess in CB...

When we found Delap with a cross and his header touched the woodwork, that was such a strange moment, Jesus/Sterling needs 100 crosses to make a header like that between tall defenders. Mahrez would never arrive for a header, I really think he is one of those who is scared to head the ball.

Someone else mentioned this in this thread but why the fuck did Pep not return from Spain earlier... Had to self isolate (which he knew he would have to), so missed the best part of a week of preseason training. I found that very odd.

The players were crap but don’t forget we have a lot of injuries. If that was the first team I could see your point. I just want us to get back to sucking teams when they press the defence with competent defenders and Eddie passing the ball into midfield and kev and foden to knock the ball into space on both flanks for a tap in goal. We have lost our way. I don’t recognise Peps team. Where did that team and football philosophy go?

We need to stop being nice and get angry.
If that was a first team?
I guess the general view of the first team is this.
Ederson
Walker Ake Laporte Mendy
Rodri
kev Bernardo
Foden Kun Raheem

Only 3 didn't play. So we still put out a side most clubs would die for. It's Pep's fucking job to get them playing as a team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.