Pep Warns City Players...

Mate, if I were a player from San Marino, the Faroe Isles or Andorra, I'd be more than happy to ditch my cleaning cart, pitchfork or stethoscope to play an away qualifier at Wembley. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

A postman scored the equaliser for the Faroe Islands against Scotland many years ago.

Screenshot_20240319_210735_Chrome.jpg

Erling Haaland has limped out of training while on international duty with Norway.

The Manchester City forward was filmed coming off the training pitch with an apparent knock only 12 days before the champions host title rivals Arsenal.

Haaland, who appeared to be holding his leg when he departed from the training session, has scored 18 league goals this season and will no doubt start for City when Arsenal visit the Etihad Stadium on Easter Sunday should he be fit to do so. Pep Guardiola will be hoping that proves the case and Haaland’s injury is not serious.

FFS! :-/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ling-haaland-limps-out-of-training-for-norway

Having international friendlies at the business end of the season sums up modern day football.

The club managers, players and fans don't want these games. Again, It's all about money...

International Football should be fucked off, Friendlies, The Euros, Nations League ect bin the fucking lot because nobody gives a fuck about it.
Totally agree with you(as probably do most fans regadless of who they support).
Get rid of stupid international breaks at weekends, just play midweek (as they always used to) Maybe have a couple of qualifiers at the end of the seasons if necessary where there is no Euros or World Cup that summer.
Definitely bin friendlies and that strange Nations League, which nobody seems to know how it works anyway!.

nobody gives a fuck? so you’re speaking for everyone?

hating your national team is very much an english thing.

i don’t get the nations league, i wouldn’t mind to see it gone but the euros? seriously? why stop there why not cancel the world cup?

outside of england players are happy and proud to play for their country.

All international football should be played by amateurs

Mate, if I were a player from San Marino, the Faroe Isles or Andorra, I'd be more than happy to ditch my cleaning cart, pitchfork or stethoscope to play an away qualifier at Wembley. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
sure, only players from those countries love to play for their national teams.

it is impossible to see excellent players still doing it over 30 instead of spending their summers on some fancy sunny island. sure.

I would say there are only a few countries not enjoying international football, and it's the ones with leagues stronger than the national team. Otherwise, 90+% of the world likes international football because they get to see football better than their respective leagues/supported teams.

I think if Pep was to manage England national team, a lot of people would suddenly start enjoying international football, though. With Southgate, its pretty unbearable.
i don’t think it’s only that, people watch top 5 leagues with the epl being the most popular all the time.

my impression is that in france, germany, spain and italy (top leagues) people do care about their national teams. they’re bitter/angry if/when they’re shit but still. every italian person i ever met cared for sure.

it’s mostly english people and for example, international city supporters will moan too about de bruyne playing for his country cause they don’t give a flying f about belgium, and so on.

some qualifiers will be played during this break. i would prefer players having a break instead of friendlies. my team was supposed to play some “tournament” in abu dhabi, then it fell apart, then they moved it to egypt and now they’re switching venues and dates in egypt again. all for money…

Not so much getting rid of international football as such,but do away with qualifying for the major nations they go straight through to the tournament,and leave maybe 3-4 spots for the smaller nations who have hardly any chance of qualifying with the big nations in the mix and they go into groups to qualify..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.