Pep Warns City Players...

sure, only players from those countries love to play for their national teams.

it is impossible to see excellent players still doing it over 30 instead of spending their summers on some fancy sunny island. sure.
Has anyone claimed players don't want to play international football? If not, where have you gotten this narrative from?

I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck about international football, much the same way UEFA & FIFA couldn't give a fuck about our players' welfare.

I'm sure that given the choice of 2 meaningless friendlies or a two week warm weather break, most international regulars would choose the latter.

It's tournament football that players don't want to miss out on, because there's only so many teams who can experience big international European nights.

Since last season, Rodri's made several comments about being scared for his health with the amount of football he's playing. He made 56 appearances for City last season, & had his Spain appearances on to top of those.

As the opening post says, Pep has cautioned our players to remember these current international matches are friendlies & for the players to also remember we're entering a critical phase of the season.

Pep & several other top managers have also lamented over the amount of football top players are expected to compete in. Are they wrong too?

I'd hazard a guess that if given a choice between playing Andorra & San Marino in a qualifier, & sitting them out without it affecting their place in tournament football, most players would choose the latter & let England hopefuls & some U21's play instead.

England have two friendlies against Brazil & Belgium. If Andorra & San Marino were such big draws, why don't the FA opt for the cheaper options & arrange friendlies against them? Exactly!

Having to endure shit qualifying CL groups was part of the reason behind the European Super League proposal. The big clubs want to play each other, not Qarabag, Young Boys or some other team that no one can pronounce their name, from a country few have heard of.

We could shorten the domestic & European season by two months without International football, which would leave ample time for end of season qualifiers & tournaments.

So what's UEFA & FIFA's response? The Nations League & an expanded Club World Cup, ON TOP of what we already have!

To make matters worse, when players get injured, their clubs are only compensated after the first 28 days of an injury, & only for their basic wage up to a maximum of €7.5m. The compensation comes from an €80m central pot & if this is used up on injuries, it's tough titty to the clubs losing out.

This is why the GPC ensured his star players were always "injured" come international friendlies like these, & why he played reserve teams full of academy products in the League Cup. And who could blame him. It worked for ManUre.

Fuck UEFA.

Fuck FIFA.

Fuck the lot of em.

I only have enough love in me for Manchester City & seriously couldn’t give a rats arse about waistcoat & bullshit international football.

Has anyone claimed players don't want to play international football? If not, where have you gotten this narrative from?

I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck about international football, much the same way UEFA & FIFA couldn't give a fuck about our players' welfare.

I'm sure that given the choice of 2 meaningless friendlies or a two week warm weather break, most international regulars would choose the latter.

It's tournament football that players don't want to miss out on, because there's only so many teams who can experience big international European nights.

Since last season, Rodri's made several comments about being scared for his health with the amount of football he's playing. He made 56 appearances for City last season, & had his Spain appearances on to top of those.

As the opening post says, Pep has cautioned our players to remember these current international matches are friendlies & for the players to also remember we're entering a critical phase of the season.

Pep & several other top managers have also lamented over the amount of football top players are expected to compete in. Are they wrong too?

I'd hazard a guess that if given a choice between playing Andorra & San Marino in a qualifier, & sitting them out without it affecting their place in tournament football, most players would choose the latter & let England hopefuls & some U21's play instead.

England have two friendlies against Brazil & Belgium. If Andorra & San Marino were such big draws, why don't the FA opt for the cheaper options & arrange friendlies against them? Exactly!

Having to endure shit qualifying CL groups was part of the reason behind the European Super League proposal. The big clubs want to play each other, not Qarabag, Young Boys or some other team that no one can pronounce their name, from a country few have heard of.

We could shorten the domestic & European season by two months without International football, which would leave ample time for end of season qualifiers & tournaments.

So what's UEFA & FIFA's response? The Nations League & an expanded Club World Cup, ON TOP of what we already have!

To make matters worse, when players get injured, their clubs are only compensated after the first 28 days of an injury, & only for their basic wage up to a maximum of €7.5m. The compensation comes from an €80m central pot & if this is used up on injuries, it's tough titty to the clubs losing out.

This is why the GPC ensured his star players were always "injured" come international friendlies like these, & why he played reserve teams full of academy products in the League Cup. And who could blame him. It worked for ManUre.

Fuck UEFA.

Fuck FIFA.

Fuck the lot of em.

I only have enough love in me for Manchester City & seriously couldn’t give a rats arse about waistcoat & bullshit international football.
Fully agree. Could not give 1 single fuck about the England national team. It’s City or nothing.

Fuck UEFA.

Fuck FIFA.

Fuck the lot of em.

where did i write andorra and san marino were such big draws? and other stuff you made up there? give me a break…

typical shitting on small countries/clubs attitude, i didn’t expect anything else really.
it’s funny, i keep seeing old school city fans talking about the old days and how they’ll never be like for example man united fans, and here we go with the super league elite top clubs circlejerking.

little copenhagen and galatasaray full of top leagues rejects destroyed one of the richest clubs in the world. what did insignificant sporting do to arsenal last year? english national team is literally full of players from the best league in the world and they can’t win shit. and yet according to you they shouldn’t even have to qualify? why not just send the trophy to england lol.

and i don’t even like friendlies, especially the crap they arranged this time for my team. you quoted my reply to a poster who was talking about competitions. do enjoy your imperialistic bubble though! :)

where did i write andorra and san marino were such big draws? and other stuff you made up there? give me a break…

typical shitting on small countries/clubs attitude, i didn’t expect anything else really.
it’s funny, i keep seeing old school city fans talking about the old days and how they’ll never be like for example man united fans, and here we go with the super league elite top clubs circlejerking.

little copenhagen and galatasaray full of top leagues rejects destroyed one of the richest clubs in the world. what did insignificant sporting do to arsenal last year? english national team is literally full of players from the best league in the world and they can’t win shit. and yet according to you they shouldn’t even have to qualify? why not just send the trophy to england lol.

and i don’t even like friendlies, especially the crap they arranged this time for my team. you quoted my reply to a poster who was talking about competitions. do enjoy your imperialistic bubble though! :)
I couldn't care less about bigger clubs, smaller clubs or international football. I'm a City fan & my concern is purely for us.

It's the reality of life that fans will always be drawn to the limelight, hence the phenomenon of many supporters of the bigger clubs, coming from small towns with their own clubs.

Surely you're familiar with the "I'm a ManUre supporter, but Scarborough are my local team"? These fans wanna be emotionally involved at the top end of the PL & the knockout phases of the CL, so what next? Are you gonna turn on them for not fully supporting their "small" hometown team who only offer a perennial struggle for league suvival?

Bigger clubs attract bigger audiences. Fact! There's no disrespect in pointing this out.

I speak of international football from a personal viewpoint. I've never been that interested in it, & even less so since it's our squad providing the most players for recent tournaments.

Pardon me for prioritising City above waistcoat & bullshit friendly Internationals, which might have claimed Haaland as an injury victim.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.