Pepper Steak pies at COMS

I had one of these on Sunday and i have to say i dont know what the big fuss was. It looks like a scotch pie from the outside, and while there is a nice gravy texture to the inside, for me the peppercorn's could be a bit more grounded.

I have to say, i was mighty surprised with the Balti MkII, its almost identical to the Balti of seasons gone by. I had this one at half time and have to admit i saved the best til last with this little gem.

Peppered Steak Pie - 6/10

Balti Mk II Pie - 8/10

Ricster said:
I had one of these on Sunday and i have to say i dont know what the big fuss was. It looks like a scotch pie from the outside, and while there is a nice gravy texture to the inside, for me the peppercorn's could be a bit more grounded.

I have to say, i was mighty surprised with the Balti MkII, its almost identical to the Balti of seasons gone by. I had this one at half time and have to admit i saved the best til last with this little gem.

Peppered Steak Pie - 6/10

Balti Mk II Pie - 8/10

This sounds like "Britains best dish"

Wouldn't normally comment but because of the trans pennine traffic being snarled uo we couldn't go to our normal watering hole. Tried on eof the aforementioned pies and I have to agree with paul , they are very good, not what one would normally expect. Good meat content and a very tasty sauce with a bit of a kick.

blueyorkie said:
Wouldn't normally comment but because of the trans pennine traffic being snarled uo we couldn't go to our normal watering hole. Tried on eof the aforementioned pies and I have to agree with paul , they are very good, not what one would normally expect. Good meat content and a very tasty sauce with a bit of a kick.

5 pie points to blueyorkie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.