Pep's contract situation

Nonsense The reason for the ”40 passes” is because most teams play all 11 in the last 18yards City are trying to draw them out and beat the press, your one ball would just be gobbled up. Ultimately they are looking for the one ball.
I find the way they play fascinating, the speed and accuracy, the running into space trying to create angles this is why it’s so much better to be watching in the stadium than on TV and why rival fans claim its boring because they only see City on Tv. Unfortunately the idiot commenta and pundits rarely point it out, my bet is that the likes of Barry Davies would have
Everyone to his own fancy I suppose. It doesnt fascinate me at all. Accuracy fair enough, Speed ? I don't see it at all.
We used to play at pace, not anymore.

Nonsense The reason for the ”40 passes” is because most teams play all 11 in the last 18yards City are trying to draw them out and beat the press, your one ball would just be gobbled up. Ultimately they are looking for the one ball.
I find the way they play fascinating, the speed and accuracy, the running into space trying to create angles this is why it’s so much better to be watching in the stadium than on TV and why rival fans claim its boring because they only see City on Tv. Unfortunately the idiot commenta and pundits rarely point it out, my bet is that the likes of Barry Davies would have
Well I have been every home game this season, and watched it live, and to me it is pissng me off how we pass sideways backwards sideways then to the keeper then sideways, all we are doing is letting the opposition set up, Brentford did it as have several other teams, in 1 game this season ederson played a long ball, haaland on the end of it oh and we scored, people on here laugh at the long ball, and laugh at the dippers for it, but clearly it works as they always seem to fucking beat us

Well I have been every home game this season, and watched it live, and to me it is pissng me off how we pass sideways backwards sideways then to the keeper then sideways, all we are doing is letting the opposition set up, Brentford did it as have several other teams, in 1 game this season ederson played a long ball, haaland on the end of it oh and we scored, people on here laugh at the long ball, and laugh at the dippers for it, but clearly it works as they always seem to fucking beat us

Agree. Pep has gone sideways and backwards this season. Last season he did that, forwards, down the Centre and on the wings.

As you rightly say, it gives the opposition time to set up a back 10 which City struggle against and have been very fortunate to eventually breakdown at times this season.

City couldn’t do that against Brentford (bar the Foden strike), who until that then had a dreadful away record.

I find the way they play fascinating, the speed and accuracy, the running into space trying to create angles this is why it’s so much better to be watching in the stadium than on TV and why rival fans claim its boring because they only see City on Tv. Unfortunately the idiot commenta and pundits rarely point it out, my bet is that the likes of Barry Davies would

Yes but they dont bother running around anymore. They just sit in in two blocks of 5 and I doubt they use much energy at all.
So the idea could be to mentally tire the opposition which also has an effect on performance. One thing is for sure...giving the ball to the opposition is a no no....which could happen if the City players don't open them up at exactly the right moment. It can be tedious for us fans as I'm as impatient a city fan as there is but too many risks have consequences.

Everyone to his own fancy I suppose. It doesnt fascinate me at all. Accuracy fair enough, Speed ? I don't see it at all.
We used to play at pace, not anymore.

Last season, I possibly wouldn't have questioned that claim. This season though, how many of our 40 goals (in just over two months) were scored 'not at pace'. How many were tap-ins after 30-odd sideways passes, and how many were at the end of a full pelt run, a ball through, with defenders unable to keep up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.