Pep's contract situation

Or they are true and Omar was told he'd reached his ceiling with us as we had/have someone else lined up for Tixki's job? That said, people like Omar don't leave overnight so the above would depend on timescales. Are Tixki & Pep both bowing out in 2025 for starters?
WE don't want to lose both at the same time for me.

Tixki pre Pep was very inconsistent but he's done a hell of a job and his little black book alone is priceless, who he does not know in football are not worth knowing.

Whoever take over either job is going to have to be very special to even get near these two.

He’s obviously gonna leave eventually but is there any substance to this sudden onslaught of speculation?
Other than another big game coming up.
115, Pep and City have made a mistake selling Palmer and now Pep and Txiki are leaving.
It’s been quite a week of story telling, which I’ll imagine will continue as long as we’re in a title race.

Nobody is bigger than the club, But in Pep's case, I don't think the club will ever be in this rich vein of winning silverware again. The future and life after Pep depend on a couple of things,

1st the owners, 2nd the fans
Both will play a major part in the future, Time will be needed to adjust and the pressure from the stands.
Look the hardcore City fans will know the score and understand that Glory is not why we support the club in the first place, But once you taste success after so many years of nothing will also be hard.

The Shining Light for Manchester City's success and the fans is the club has not sold its soul and run up big debts getting here and being top dogs,

Pep's earned the right to choose his path to walk away when he is ready, The future is not going to be under a cloud and Pep leaving City in a very good shape to go forward

Last edited:
WE don't want to lose both at the same time for me.

Tixki pre Pep was very inconsistent but he's done a hell of a job and his little black book alone is priceless, who he does not know in football are not worth knowing.

Whoever take over either job is going to have to be very special to even get near these two.
The little black book belongs to the club, see Presidential Records Act.

He’s obviously gonna leave eventually but is there any substance to this sudden onslaught of speculation?
Other than another big game coming up.
115, Pep and City have made a mistake selling Palmer and now Pep and Txiki are leaving.
It’s been quite a week of story telling, which I’ll imagine will continue as long as we’re in a title race.
I think you have hit the nail on the head.

If true that Pep and Txiki will leave at the same time it’s more likely to hear about it in advance from Txiki side no?

I do think there is something going on with Alonso. He’s staying because they have won the league, fair enough. But he’ll have 1 eye on City/Madrid jobs. If he wanted the Bayern or Liverpool job he could have had it. If he still wants one more year at Leverkusen and doesn’t want to leave after the first league win the appointments of Bayern and Liverpool will say a lot. Short term vs long term.

1st choice is Pep resigns
2nd choice is Xabi Alonso
3rd choice is Michel

In my opinion.

Demichelis could be a great choice for Girona if it’s Michel for City.
If it is Alonso then Txiki will surely have gone as well and we switch from a Barca connection to RM are great and their history is unbeatable etc

Though for me, I'd like to see him do it again in Germany before he gets a chance at City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.