Pep's contract situation

That’s exactly how I interpreted his comment at the time. Not sure if the journalists who reported it as Pep suggesting he was done after this season were knowingly misleading their audience or if they were just being a bit thick.
a bit of both i think

That’s exactly how I interpreted his comment at the time. Not sure if the journalists who reported it as Pep suggesting he was done after this season were knowingly misleading their audience or if they were just being a bit thick.
They were deliberately misleading their audience and pandering to fans of the red shirts in an attempt to generate more clicks. Most people on this forum are better informed about Pep's plans than any of the idiots in the UK football media. It has been clear for some time that he will extend for at least one more season (ie this season and the following one). He has personal family reasons, wants to see the end of the court battle, wants to be here for the new stand opening, and wants to be the first Manager to clinch the new Club World Cup which in time could become bigger than the Champions League.

Pep first love will always be Barca.

The reason most people don't stay with their first love is because they grow up and realise it was a relationship built on proximity. You meet what you think is the most perfect partner in the world, and massively coincidentally out of the 8 billion people here, they were the one who went to the same school or work or pub or whatever.

Then you grow up and travel and move and meet people and realise that actually that was all pretty dumb and there's much better suited people for you out there.

That's Pep and Barca. He's a Catalan who came through their Academy. It was probably a dream come true to successfully manage them but he found out about the politics and the stress and the backbiting and the rest. Now he's at a highly professional club ran by the best executives and owner in the world in the best league in the world and is surrounded by people who trust him rather than undermine him.

While I'm sure Barca is his first love, City is where he most wants to be. There's a reason he's stayed here about twice as long as any other job he has held. He fits us perfectly and we fit him perfectly and he seems to understand this. Like most workaholics, he gets burned out at the end of the season and starts thinking about packing it in and then he goes and sits on his hands for three months and he's absolutely bursting to get back into it.

My United mate (proper fan, not one of those tossers) has said since Pep joined that he could do Ferguson length tenure here because there's literally no better club for him to be at. I never believed him but I'm starting to. Compare trophy lift Pep to pre season Pep and it's like looking at a different person. I think he will extend again.

They are utterly desperate for him to leave - hoping of course that our period of dominance will abruptly come to an end and their cash-cow cartel clubs will once again be able to return to their "rightful place".

Desperate, naive wankers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.