Pep's contract situation

Pep’s already surpassed him. Longevity is only one criteria in gauging the best …. Ferguson was a very good flat track bully who arguably only faced one club in the whole of his tenure who competed on a level playing field with the rags (mid 00s Chelsea).

Furthermore Ferguson could, and did, buy who he wanted when he wanted, there weren’t any made up rules in his era to stop them dominating

And finally, to paraphrase a popular song ….. “Did he ever win two trebles, did he fuck”
I think you are kind of reinforcing my point. I think Pep needs to carry on to the point that it is indisputable.

Pep’s already surpassed him. Longevity is only one criteria in gauging the best …. Ferguson was a very good flat track bully who arguably only faced one club in the whole of his tenure who competed on a level playing field with the rags (mid 00s Chelsea).

Furthermore Ferguson could, and did, buy who he wanted when he wanted, there weren’t any made up rules in his era to stop them dominating

And finally, to paraphrase a popular song ….. “Did he ever win two trebles, did he fuck”
Pep's Barca destroyed bacon's rags whenever they met. Wasn't even close.

Ornstein still peddling the England wanted Pep and he is unsettled.

This is hot on the heels of his Txiki leaving exclusive.

He is being used by a rival - probably Arsenal -with these stories which are purely designed to cause trouble.
As if Pep is unsettled, with one of his best mates in charge.

It's just a case of has he had enough of club football or not.

Unsettled my arse.

Ornstein still peddling the England wanted Pep and he is unsettled.

This is hot on the heels of his Txiki leaving exclusive.

He is being used by a rival - probably Arsenal -with these stories which are purely designed to cause trouble.

I’ve mentioned this before on here, but I vividly remember listening to a podcast with Ornstein over 5 years ago and I recall him saying ‘my sources say Pep will be leaving after his contract runs out’ Pep had less than a year of his contract left at that point.

I've not minded this saga with the England job in that it's made the idea of Pep leaving pretty concrete. All things must end sometime and whether this is his last season, or next, or whenever, he's going to leave a massive hole in the club.

I'm glad that the evidence on Txiki, Omar, and now Marwood suggests that city are planning ahead pretty carefully. That will be doubly true of Pep's eventual replacement. I'm not sure Viana's arrival necessarily heralds an imminent change - Pep might quite enjoy working with a new team, it might even extend his tenure here.

The big gap I think we will experience when the time comes, aside from his coaching, obviously, is his pulling power. The idea of training with Pep has clearly attracted a lot of players to City. We're a bigger club now than we were when he arrived, but even so, that draw is going to reduce when he leaves, almost regardless of who replaces him.

Anyways, hopefully no time soon, but this episode has made it all more real for me, and determined to enjoy it while he is still here.

It's funny how the media and so called experts can't fathom the idea that Pep has turned England down and is happy at City.
Was he ever interviewed for the job.Was he ever offered the job .Was he ever interested in the job .I would say no no and no.This was just a poor attempt to destabilise both Pep and the Club

So within 24hrs Pep was the dream manager for England to now not ever really being in the frame. Fucking hell the media spin in this country is hilarious.
Ask yourself why Tuchel has been given 18 months only..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.