Pep's contract situation

Where does he go though?

Hes never going to Madrid for obvious reasons.
Cant see him switching over to the rags because of his relationship with our top dogs.
Cant see him being ready to take over Spain and not be involved in the game day in day out.
Is PSG really going to appeal to him? Its pretty much win the CL or you've failed.
Hes done Germany.
Italy isn't the same as it used to be.
Possibly a return to Barca? not sure as the guys he brought up as kids will be pretty much gone.
Doesn't seem the type at all to take the big pay day from China.

Sometimes Pep has seemed a wee bit drained by a cold, and the occasional break in the sun might be helpful in extending his stay. The Premier League are thinking about a winter break, which would be good. But before that, as Pep’s way of playing takes root he could maybe afford get away a bit more often.

You and your Rag Cafe mates hope so don't you! I bet he stays longer than he managed Barca first team.

At 5, that would be true - which is what I am predicting but as I have said many times as well, he is not in it for the long haul at one place. Circumstances for Pep at City are nearly ideal on many levels, probably more so than anywhere else other than his start with Laporta at Barcelona.

However, genius like Guardiola continue to seek out new challenges - he is not going to be longterm anywhere

At 5, that would be true - which is what I am predicting but as I have said many times as well, he is not in it for the long haul at one place. Circumstances for Pep at City are nearly ideal on many levels, probably more so than anywhere else other than his start with Laporta at Barcelona.

However, genius like Guardiola continue to seek out new challenges - he is not going to be longterm anywhere

I accept your opinion, I just feel differently. Just because he didn't stop at Barca or Bayern doesn't mean he won't want to stay at City as much as it pains fans of Barca and Bayern. There will always be new challenges at Premier League clubs that managers won't get abroad due to it being so much more competitive than most other leagues; back to back titles, domestic treble, Champions League with our ridiculous scheduling, League and Champs League double etc etc.

One good thing is, when he leaves, whoever comes in will be left with a fantastic squad which other managers haven't managed to do previously for us.

Is his family happy in Manchester, that's the key. I mean from sunny Barcelona and historical Munich and World town New York to Manchester doesn't sound like a upgrade

If his family are happy in Manchester, I expect him to stay atleast 2 more season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.