Pep's contract situation | Expected to leave at the end of next season according to Jack Gaughan (p1332)

It does happen you’re right. Trouble is, it happens to Pep in the CL, every season. Gundogan, Rodri and Fernandinho. When was that ever tried?
The real frustration for me is that we battered them for the last half an hour after completely wasting the first hour. We made Madrid look very ordinary 4 days earlier. I can’t decide if it was panic about Lyon or arrogance in thinking we could prepare something different readiness for Munich. I do know that you should probably go 2 or 3 up, then start experimenting and not the other way round.

But right there is exactly why Pep was so guarded in his team selection. We battered them but conceded twice and there was another few opportunities where they were a over hit pass or wrong selection from other golden opportunities.

I would rather Pep went for it but we all know our defensive limitations and Pep tried to mitigate against that. People calling him arrogant (not you) are well wide of the mark, arrogance would have been playing exactly as we normally do and expecting a different outcome to previous results against United etc who use a low block and then break at pace.

What's he done with Italy? Lazio what?

He is a short term bully almost a handsome Italian version of Nigel Pearson.

He never lasts long, loses the dressing room.

Sorry I meant Inter not Lazio. With Italy it’s the first in their history they’ve won every qualifier.

You could say a lot about Pep’s faults too as there are plenty of them.

Are you blind? I literally said if it happened - good in that post you quoted. Deflection tactics won’t work this time. Four years in and we are as far away from winning the CL as ever. He has a lot of questions to answer.
Im far from blind, but don't understand your point clearly. You maintain things should be happening, blind to as whether they are or not. No need to respond as we are just going around in circles.

Are you blind? I literally said if it happened - good in that post you quoted. Deflection tactics won’t work this time. Four years in and we are as far away from winning the CL as ever. He has a lot of questions to answer.

You can’t judge pep on the chumps alone. Take a step back and look at how he has transformed how we play. He has transformed the club to a higher status. He has fought our corner with cas. Pep has elevated us to super club. It is a hard perch to stay on. The high level of play is not as good as we have got used to and it is simply the players getting older and new players not taking their place in the team.

An honest question to all, do you WANT Pep to extend?

I want him to extend as I still think he’s the best manager in the world.

I’d like to see him adapt his approach a little and get the best out of the squad rather than throwing another £200 million rebuilding the team.

That said, next season is huge for Pep. Another season like this one and his legacy will be tarnished to a degree. 2 PL titles out of 5 and not reaching a semi-final of the CL will be a pretty poor return for a manager of his ability and the players at his disposal.

The new season is what 4 weeks away? I feel we deserve to know in the coming days (the sooner the better) what his plans are. There is a risk that if the players know it's his final season we are going to see a lot of shit performances.
Pep might even feel he has nothing to loose and will play Rodri/Gundo every game just to prove a point.

He is called the best manager in the world and maybe rightly so BUT he has made so terrible errors this season and he is not above severe criticism.
Last night was appalling, we went out weakly , a shadow of the team we know we are. I don't find that acceptable.

To me football is a simple game, you always play your strongest team, you give 100% commitment. If you match the opposition for commitment your greater ability will always come to the top.

Last night we surrendered to the 7th best team in France, yes the 7th , not Bayern, Not Real, Not Liverpool but Lyon the 7th best team in France.

Pathetic and any manager whom selected that side last night and left the likes of Silva, Bernardo, Mahrez and Foden on the bench and selected a 19 year old kid who has already told us that he no longer wants to be at the club should be absolutely hammered, whoever he is and whatever is reputation is.

Those tactics last night will have done a lot of damage in the dressing room, the like of Bernard and god forbid KDB must be doing a lot of thinking this morning.

Not sure you fully understood my post. No issues with severe criticism of his tactics, team selection etc but the name calling and insults to a man who has given us so much does not reflect well on our fanbase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.