Pep's contract situation

Pep is too good a manager to just give up on, but I do have a number of reservations at this point. I’m concerned that he needs a rest above all else. It can’t be easy managing at the level of intensity he does for so long, and he’s seven years out from his last sabbatical. If we don’t hit the ground running next season and Liverpool start pulling away early on like they did this season, then I’m quite certain that he would resign.

No he isnt but he is in charge of a squad of them with those monetary issues you describe attached to them. Many of thosr players will be wondering just why the fuck they were left benched in the most important game we have had this season. He fucked it up, and expect KDB and others to start rightfully kicking off about it once the dust settles

I’m not saying he got it right yesterday I think the opposite in fact, I was addressing the whole running his contract down dribble. It would make no business sense to sack pep instead letting him see out his last year. Personally if I was in charge I’d be waiting to see if the hunger and intensity is there next season and would not be taking extension talks off the table before then.

Forgiven him for last night based on two reasons 1 He has plenty of credit in the bank 2 Who is currently available and better? but he has to extend his contract, without that he wont neccesary garner commitment and respect from the dressing room

Would you rather sack him and pay the massive compensation? I’ve never heard anything like it, it’s not as if we could get a fee for him and therefore should sell him with a year left he’s not a player!
Not looking to sack him but like I said the club is bigger than any individual i also believe that Pep is an honourable man, if the club said it’s not tenable to go into the season with only nine months left as the media will be all over you asking about your contract. He could sign a rolling contract extension with an secret agreement that it can be terminated by either side at the end of each season

Don't forget the players asked Pep to stop tinkering after the league defeat at Spurs pre-Covid, so there has already been pushback from the dressing room. Judging by Kev's face last night there's more to come, and rightly so.

Not looking to sack him but like I said the club is bigger than any individual i also believe that Pep is an honourable man, if the club said it’s not tenable to go into the season with only nine months left as the media will be all over you asking about your contract. He could sign a rolling contract extension with an secret agreement that it can be terminated by either side at the end of each season

Yeah but that’s all based on assumptions that he would even entertain that, peps always been clear on fulfilling contracts I can’t see him signing a 3 year contract then leaving after a year because there was a break clause. So if that option won’t fly the only others are to sack him or see how next season goes with a renewal discussion on the table. Which would you rather take?

Don't forget the players asked Pep to stop tinkering after the league defeat at Spurs pre-Covid, so there has already been pushback from the dressing room. Judging by Kev's face last night there's more to come, and rightly so.
Pep has always said he intends to stay as long as the players want him too...I very much doubt the likes of KDB actually want him out. They realise he has just about more pull than any other manager for attracting top players and improving them. They have won everything with him bar the CL.
Once the dust has settled and there has been time for reflection I am confident they will still back the manager and be ready to go again.

I’m not saying he got it right yesterday I think the opposite in fact, I was addressing the whole running his contract down dribble. It would make no business sense to sack pep instead letting him see out his last year. Personally if I was in charge I’d be waiting to see if the hunger and intensity is there next season and would not be taking extension talks off the table before then.
My point is that it would make perfect business sense if he has lost the players

How do you know?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.