Pep's contract situation

You’re the one stinking the place out. You sound like a millennial. You want everything now wrapped up in a bow and you’re not willing to problem solve and work hard for results and success. We’ve lost one game FFS with everything going against us. Your attitude is awful. Go and support the rags you’ll be amongst friends there.
I didn’t know people who are in their late 30s and early 40s want want everything now wrapped up in a bow and aren’t willing to problem solve and work hard for results and success.

(millennials are people who were born in the 80s and were aged around 16-21 at the turn of the Millennium)

I’d take Poch, Allegri or Nagelsmann tomorrow and am confident we could win the Champions League with any of them- Pep has never gone beyond the quarter finals with us in 4 seasons, Poch and Allegri have both reached finals in recent years and Nagelsmann a semi final this year, all with much much weaker squads than ours
poch lol, the serial loser

Assuming plan b is not just lump it up top when looking for a goal, pep does sometimes adjust to the opposition (plan b) and is accused of overthinking or changing unnecessarily if it goes wrong.
Pep’s got loads of plans. It goes to about F, G and H.

Yesterday his substitutions ensured we didn’t lose the game in which we were being very much outplayed in.

Bernardo came on and made Torres Mahrez Sterling Foden and deBruyne look like idiots for the way they were playing, as he brought some energy, determination, pressing, dribbling and most of all quality to our attack.

Fernandinho and Ake sured up the spaces where Rodri was too slow to cover and our full back weren’t making up for Rodri’s slowness.

Those changes absolutely stopped us losing as that game was heading one way before they happened. It was only a matter of time.

And even in general, Pep has loads of different ways in which we play. There have been times where Gundogan has been used in defensive mid and he adds a very different dynamic to Rodri there; he’s used Bernardo in central mid (where he’s at his best) and has us playing with energy and high pressing; at Palace last season we had Rodri and Fernandinho at centre half and they moved up into midfield so our midfielders were even further up and we didn’t let Palace out of their own last third all game...

These are just a few examples of many that Pep has turned to.

“Pep has no plan B” is a total false cliché.

Pep’s got loads of plans. It goes to about F, G and H.

Yesterday his substitutions ensured we didn’t lose the game in which we were being very much outplayed in.

Bernardo came on and made Torres Mahrez Sterling Foden and deBruyne look like idiots for the way they were playing, as he brought some energy, determination, pressing, dribbling and most of all quality to our attack.

Fernandinho and Ake sured up the spaces where Rodri was too slow to cover and our full back weren’t making up for Rodri’s slowness.

Those changes absolutely stopped us losing as that game was heading one way before they happened. It was only a matter of time.
Agreed.
By the same token, I think we could have been more dynamic with Bernardo on earlier and have more time to impact.

I understand he had come back from injury and perhaps that is the explanation why

The board should be looking at the Atalanta coach, they've been banging in goals for 18 months now. Really decent games v City in the CL.

I didn’t know people who are in their late 30s and early 40s want want everything now wrapped up in a bow and aren’t willing to problem solve and work hard for results and success.

(millennials are people who were born in the 80s and were aged around 16-21 at the turn of the Millennium)
Whatever, point is clever clogs there is a category of people these days that want everything now. They want instant success. They don’t want to consider why things might be going wrong like injuries to key players( News flash: no strikers means probably less goals..FFS! , no preseason,lack of atmosphere, players playing out of form.
They simply turn on our fantastic manager who’s having a tough period and want him out. It’s pretty pathetic tbh.

personally, I don’t see Pep staying beyond this year, and this is being transmitted down to the playing staff.
Now, if Messi does come in January, it might just change a few things !
It might change our club into a two-man cult, papering over the cracks with large cheques. And the object of derision if our 34-year old saviour still doesn’t bring success in Europe.

Last edited:
I think Pep needs to make his decision soon.

Waiting until February could be very damaging for our season and therefore next season (if we’re outside the Top4). Plus, positively, him signing a new contract will give everyone at the club and the fan base a huge lift.

And if he does decide to stay, I think we need him to commit for another two or three years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.