Pep's contract situation

A bloke next to me as well just isn't enamoured with the man.

I don't think he has the same connection Mancini had with us, but he's a much better manager.

To a lot of old school blues that connection appears more important than ability.

Never understood it.

We have the best manager in the business. Keep him forever if we can

They will change their tune as soon as we start winning.

If Mendy signs on Monday is it not news because Tolmie said it was on 2 months ago?

Regardless of tolmie dropping hints and info on here, that stuff coming into the press - presumably being given to journalists by the club and being put into the public domain deliberately - is news IMO.
My point being,while this thread suggests confirmation,it isnt news that's come out of nowhere.We were given the heads up some time back,and many of us,not all......were made up.

Thing is that this Bernardo Silva thing has renewed my faith that Pep has a long-term plan, and that when it comes off we will have at least three incredible seasons from which we can become world-beaters. So I'd like him to stay at least four more years.

I'd be happy to let him get on with it, for a long time. Any manager could win trophies at City, just as at Utd or Chelsea.

But I don't think we will get another chance to be 'the' club. If Pep fails we will be 'a' club just picking up whatever manager we can, like everyone else.

This is the one chance we get.

Some of us embarrassed ourselves last year with the Pep criticism. Fully expect, and always have, for them to have to eat those words before he moves on again.

Fuck it, I hope he never moves on again. If he stays for 20 years I can only imagine what will have happened in that time.

A bloke next to me as well just isn't enamoured with the man.

I don't think he has the same connection Mancini had with us, but he's a much better manager.

To a lot of old school blues that connection appears more important than ability.

Never understood it.

We have the best manager in the business. Keep him forever if we can
He'll warm to the club and form a proper connection with it in the next couple of years.

Thing is that this Bernardo Silva thing has renewed my faith that Pep has a long-term plan, and that when it comes off we will have at least three incredible seasons from which we can become world-beaters. So I'd like him to stay at least four more years.

We are not to far from when he took over at Barca, not a mirror image but the core of a sound club, top to bottom underachieving. I fully accept around 2000 Barca revolutionized their youth setup and other differences but at the core it is a similar platform he has and similar tools (it looks like he is getting what he wants for next year to be a fully pep squad). Those were heady years for him, to get that back must appeal to any man. Pep also knows what we have is a rare thing in modern footy, namely the absolute freedom to shape the squad in his image free of restrictions and blessing of the fans with that gap to being a 'true' top club on a plate for us. This would be one of the few satisfying things to repeat/attain to a man who has done it all imo.

He'll warm to the club and form a proper connection with it in the next couple of years.

It's a difficult process for him currently.

He's often put us down a bit in respect of mentality and how we don't think like a big club. I get that, I agree with it. The issue is that it creates an immediate disconnect.

I think this guy will be a fucking legend I really do. He's not just changing a team he's changing an entire football club and how it thinks/behaves

It's a difficult process for him currently.

He's often put us down a bit in respect of mentality and how we don't think like a big club. I get that, I agree with it. The issue is that it creates an immediate disconnect.

I think this guy will be a fucking legend I really do. He's not just changing a team he's changing an entire football club and how it thinks/behaves

I want him to stay and rate him highly but he knew what he was signing up for. If he wanted a ready made super team with a load of plastics he should have stayed where he was (The Nou Camp is the biggest morgue in football). Publicly backing the club/fans instead of putting us down will go a long way to endearing fans who haven't quite warmed to him yet.

Next season I don't want to hear about Utd or Liverpools history or anything else that'll create negativity, Mancini and Pellegrini didn't have a problem beating them and neither should he. He's on the verge of building something really special, lets hope he buys into it for the long haul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.