Peps our man in 2015 ... well according ...

If they talk weekly, why didn't they sign Guardiola for next season? Surely they could have told him that they want to get rid of Mancini anyway and he should wait for 2 more months. He signed for Bayern around christmas after City finished last in the CL group and United were already 7 points ahead in the league. They could have made a decision back then.

Why would Guardiola learn a new language, if he already plans to move to England in 2 years? For a quick stopover at Munich he puts a lot of effort into his new job. If he isn't interested in a long term job at Bayern, why would Bayern sign him instead of giving Heynckes 1 more year and then look for a longterm replacement? Do you think he tricked Bayern by lying about a longterm interest but already plans to move to England?

Everything we know about his reasons to choose Bayern points to a longterm stay (let's say at least 4 years). I would understand the discussion if he was already working at Bayern for 2 years and mentioned that he thinks he can't help the club develop further after 4 years - for example like Klopp's statements about his contract at Dortmund until 2016. But he didn't even start working at Bayern. If he's as good as we all think, his concentration is 100% on his new job and he wants to succeed there.

At least with a friend in the camp, we might get some decent business going with Bayern and they might stop talking trash about us. Or are they capable of civility and modesty?

God I hate that they and Dortmund are in the CL final. O have lovely German friends but my God are these German clubs stuck up their nations bum.

TonyM said:
At least with a friend in the camp, we might get some decent business going with Bayern and they might stop talking trash about us. Or are they capable of civility and modesty?

God I hate that they and Dortmund are in the CL final. O have lovely German friends but my God are these German clubs stuck up their nations bum.

Pep will at Bayern be in the same position Pellegrini will have for us. They won't have anything to do with business or public relations with other clubs.

And to answer your question, are they capable of civility and modesty?
No.

Meade86 said:
BLUEinTheUSA said:
Pep should bring Messi with him too.

I'd just offer them Dzeko plus £150m now

No, NYC Football Club offer them £150m and send him to us to adjust to the City way of playing football for 10 years. We send Dzeko the other way. Simple this FFP lark. Oh and NYCFC can pay his and Peps wages as well

Another easy job for him then just like bayern wait till all the building work is done the team has been built then take the job of a winning team to make yourself look like a amazing manager

JollyGood said:
If they talk weekly, why didn't they sign Guardiola for next season? Surely they could have told him that they want to get rid of Mancini anyway and he should wait for 2 more months. He signed for Bayern around christmas after City finished last in the CL group and United were already 7 points ahead in the league. They could have made a decision back then.

Why would Guardiola learn a new language, if he already plans to move to England in 2 years? For a quick stopover at Munich he puts a lot of effort into his new job. If he isn't interested in a long term job at Bayern, why would Bayern sign him instead of giving Heynckes 1 more year and then look for a longterm replacement? Do you think he tricked Bayern by lying about a longterm interest but already plans to move to England?

Everything we know about his reasons to choose Bayern points to a longterm stay (let's say at least 4 years). I would understand the discussion if he was already working at Bayern for 2 years and mentioned that he thinks he can't help the club develop further after 4 years - for example like Klopp's statements about his contract at Dortmund until 2016. But he didn't even start working at Bayern. If he's as good as we all think, his concentration is 100% on his new job and he wants to succeed there.

An answer to some of your points:

Only English fans/press seem to be so obsessed with Managers staying for longer than 3-4 years. Bayern have had nearly as many managers as Chelsea in recent years.

Maybe Pep wanted to test himself in the German league before coming to England? Bayern are at the mo a much better team than us. They are also young and play in front of 80k. The German league has a higher attendance than any other league. There are lots of reasons why Pep would want to go there. What it doesn't mean is that Pep doesn't want to coach in England in the future. Like our CEO said, he's very young.

I don't think it is that inconceivable for Pep to have said I want to go to Bayern but I would be interested in coming to City in a few years. However I agree nothing formal with have been agreed. Even 2 years is a long time in football - anything could happen!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.