Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

Glad someone else noticed it, he's had it since he arrived at the start of July, it's been the same in every conference and he seems short of breath too in this one so I hope there's nothing more to it(might just be asthma).
I've noticed too..hope all is well with him.

Press get to ask questions where the answers can only be printed on the day of the game. Helps them sell papers, keeps the interest up etc.

Thanks, I'd often heard it referred to but never explained.

PS: My wife has just informed me that everyone knows that and I'm an idiot, so no change there then.

The hope is that English media standards might increase in terms of football because the line of questioning is ridiculously low brow & repetitive, it's like they have done zero homework on Pep. Of course he isn't going to be baited into some one liner contest with Mou like these vultures would love

Hey, how about some tactics questions eh? Idiots

The hope is that English media standards might increase in terms of football because the line of questioning is ridiculously low brow & repetitive, it's like they have done zero homework on Pep. Of course he isn't going to be baited into some one liner contest with Mou like these vultures would love

Hey, how about some tactics questions eh? Idiots
They haven't got any intrest in tactics or philosophy or how he will adapt without Sergio. They are only intrested in fueds and my dads bigger than your dad crap. It's an English mentality. They are the shittest questions and it's over and over and over again. I also think they believe Pep to be some kind of charlatan and now he is in the 'big' league he'll be found out. Fukin laughable the lot of em.

They haven't got any intrest in tactics or philosophy or how he will adapt without Sergio. They are only intrested in fueds and my dads bigger than your dad crap. It's an English mentality. They are the shittest questions and it's over and over and over again. I also think they believe Pep to be some kind of charlatan and now he is in the 'big' league he'll be found out. Fukin laughable the lot of em.

That's my theory as well but its just hard to comprehend. As I say, they clearly know nothing about Guardiola - would love to get Pep's internal monologue during these pressys

United (A) pre-match:

Pep is so engaging, everything he says is so considered and insightful. Why do we have to listen to him answer absolute drivel? The journalistic standards are diabolical.
I was hanging on his every word, but sacked it off in the end as they kept asking effectively the same questions. How many wees/months will it take them to realise he's not going to bad mouth people, he's not going to give them a sensationalistic headline.

So, just start asking interesting questions. He's here, let the fucking country learn.

I was out with a Rag last night, a rare intelligent one. One that thinks Gill is bent and United have too much power. Anyway, he's not been over impressed with Mourinho, it's better than the turtle but it's still quite pedestrian and individualistic.

He was asking me about Pep, he had very little idea about how we were playing this season. He hasn't watched us and thought we'd been quite poor based on what he'd heard.

When I explained what was actually happening, he was truly interested.

If the media asked interesting relevant questions, I think football fans would be genuinely interested.

Sadly, they'll just wait for one sound bite to sell their shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.