Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

I think Saturday showed that Ottamendi is better than Stones. I get Otta’s age is an issue but really I’d rather keep him and replace stones. Bar him being homegrown I don’t think stones gives us anything. I think again injuries have ruined him.
I agree, he’s better than him. All depends on whether he’d be happy being no better than 3rd choice, possibly 4th. I think Otamendi will leave and Stones will stay as 4th choice. Him being homegrown, whilst seemingly not that big a deal, will be enough to keep him around longer than he deserves to be.

It became a running joke on here, but how we could have done with JFE for £3.5m. Better than Maguire (and Stones) and over 20 times cheaper.

Talking of rebuilding jobs, Leicester finished 9th last season and 46 points (FORTY SIX POINTS!!!) behind us. Now they’re looking better than us and 6 points clear. He comes with a lot of memes, but Rogers is a top drawer coach. It gives me hope that we can make a quick return to the top, but we really need to know who our manager is going to be over the next 2, 3, 4 years.

As I see it, it seems Pep is looking to change the style of player in that Fernandinho role with Rodri, with that though we've lost a hell of a lot of defensive quality, so it's important that our back line are top quality defensively, as it stands, I would only put Walker in that bracket, LaPorte when he returns, so that's still half our back line not up to it (in some cases nowhere near).

I think once we address that, the rest of the team will slip into top gear apart from an Aguero replacement.
Yeah personally I see Rodri as a deep-lying playmaker or even a B2B midfielder. Not saying he can’t defend, but La Liga is a much slower, more technical league and he’s used to playing with Saul & Thomas Partey, 2 energetic and defensive midfielders. If he’s got Silva, Gundogan or KDB in front of him, he’s much more isolated. A world class CB would go a long way to helping.

Yeah personally I see Rodri as a deep-lying playmaker or even a B2B midfielder. Not saying he can’t defend, but La Liga is a much slower, more technical league and he’s used to playing with Saul & Thomas Partey, 2 energetic and defensive midfielders. If he’s got Silva, Gundogan or KDB in front of him, he’s much more isolated. A world class CB would go a long way to helping.
I was surprised by Rodri’s ability to beat a man on Saturday, second half he carried the ball forward on a number of occasions. I’d like to see him and dinho play together.

Talking of rebuilding jobs, Leicester finished 9th last season and 46 points (FORTY SIX POINTS!!!) behind us. Now they’re looking better than us and 6 points clear. He comes with a lot of memes, but Rogers is a top drawer coach. It gives me hope that we can make a quick return to the top, but we really need to know who our manager is going to be over the next 2, 3, 4 years.

If Pep's allowed to rebuild (again) and that will probably mean 6/7 players over the next two windows, I'd hope he was committed and signs up to see that through, if we have a poor/quiet summer 2020 window, as with the last two summer windows, I'd guess he'll not be around.

Unless we go foreign again after Pep, Rogers has proved to be the best, young(ish) british manager and Leicester know it, the new contract is typical Leicester, it's stopped Arsenal sniffing around and means they will demand a massive release fee.

I think Saturday showed that Ottamendi is better than Stones. I get Otta’s age is an issue but really I’d rather keep him and replace stones. Bar him being homegrown I don’t think stones gives us anything. I think again injuries have ruined him.
His head is the only thing that is injured.

I agree, he’s better than him. All depends on whether he’d be happy being no better than 3rd choice, possibly 4th. I think Otamendi will leave and Stones will stay as 4th choice. Him being homegrown, whilst seemingly not that big a deal, will be enough to keep him around longer than he deserves to be.

It became a running joke on here, but how we could have done with JFE for £3.5m. Better than Maguire (and Stones) and over 20 times cheaper.

We were quoted about nine times that amount though!

If Pep's allowed to rebuild (again) and that will probably mean 6/7 players over the next two windows, I'd hope he was committed and signs up to see that through, if we have a poor/quiet summer 2020 window, as with the last two summer windows, I'd guess he'll not be around.

Unless we go foreign again after Pep, Rogers has proved to be the best, young(ish) british manager and Leicester know it, the new contract is typical Leicester, it's stopped Arsenal sniffing around and means they will demand a massive release fee.
A fee we should pay!

Much younger team too. And really, look at their bench. Morgan is soon to be 36, Ayoze Perez & Demarai Gray aren't top 4 material and Harvey Barnes is a kid. We've got the likes of Mahrez, Mendy, Gundogan, Cancelo, Otamendi. Those 5 probably cost more than their entire team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.