Peps Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one reckons Koke...

According to El Mundo Deportivo, Manchester City next manager Josep Guardiola is getting more and more eager to sign Spanish international midfielder and winger Koke (24) from Atletico Madrid. Tracked by Chelsea and Barcelona FC as well, the player might leave on an about 55 million euros offer, and his current annual salary amounts to 7 million euros.

If his first and foremost aim is to make sure we have the strongest possible midfield, Koke and Pogba would be two obvious targets.
It would be too good to accept as reality if it happened.

I reckon 2 big name CM's, 2 out of Koke/gundogan/busquets/pogba, a smaller name CM like Weigl or Xhaka, Then one new full back on each side. Reckon thatll be the major business. Maybe a back up striker to replace Bony, but could see that being pushed to the following summer. I think he'll leave our AM positions alone for at least a year. Same with CB.

I can recall some quote in 'Pep Confidential' about how he would rather loose playing attacking football than win playing defensive football akin to Pellegrini, so I can foresee an extremely offensive line.
Hart
Zaba Kompany Stones Alaba
KDB Yaya Pogba Silva
Aguero Kelechi

think yaya can still do a role as dlp

Need one of those diminutive central midfielders who can turn on a sixpence when under pressure and then spray the ball 50 yards to a team-mate

Cazorla/Verrati/Modric type.

Gundogan fits the bill perfectly... most passes completed in the Bundesliga this year and the most take-ons of any CM

I can recall some quote in 'Pep Confidential' about how he would rather loose playing attacking football than win playing defensive football akin to Pellegrini, so I can foresee an extremely offensive line.
Hart
Zaba Kompany Stones Alaba
KDB Yaya Pogba Silva
Aguero Kelechi

think yaya can still do a role as dlp

that MD will get eaten alive there is no way we will go a 4-4-2 under pep and two of these 4 being yaya and silva no way...

really dont think we'll sign a big flashy AM when we're pretty good for that position and we have 2 other areas (fullbacks and CM) in desperate need of investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.