Perspective on a 'right' to have a ticket

trevorcitytilidie

I got my ticket today as I have 4000 points plus I knew I would get one - I had a season ticket at Maine Road from 1973 through to 1996 when I had to give it up due to going to University as a mature student and I went on the waiting list in 2000 and eventually got my season ticket back in 2003 when we moved to Eastlands.
My point is
in 74 I could not go to the final due to not having enough tokens but I didn't expect to go even though I had a season ticket.
It seems fans who have a season ticket with less than 2,000 points still seem to think that they have a divine right to get a ticket for the semi (they will probably get one anyway) but to have less than 2500 they a - either have only had a season card for a couple of years or b - maybe 5 years and never go to cup games, I think due to the fact we've not had any success in the last 30 years certain fans have lost perspective on how hard it can be to get tickets for 'big games' (anyone who queued in 99 for many many hours are obviously excused). Before the season starts fans must realise they are going to struggle to get tickets if they have less than 2,000 points. I hate to think what the forum will be like if we make it to the final and only get 20,000 tickets!

trevorcitytilidie said:
I got my ticket today as I have 4000 points plus I knew I would get one - I had a season ticket at Maine Road from 1973 through to 1996 when I had to give it up due to going to University as a mature student and I went on the waiting list in 2000 and eventually got my season ticket back in 2003 when we moved to Eastlands.
My point is
in 74 I could not go to the final due to not having enough tokens but I didn't expect to go even though I had a season ticket.
It seems fans who have a season ticket with less than 2,000 points still seem to think that they have a divine right to get a ticket for the semi (they will probably get one anyway) but to have less than 2500 they a - either have only had a season card for a couple of years or b - maybe 5 years and never go to cup games, I think due to the fact we've not had any success in the last 30 years certain fans have lost perspective on how hard it can be to get tickets for 'big games' (anyone who queued in 99 for many many hours are obviously excused). Before the season starts fans must realise they are going to struggle to get tickets if they have less than 2,000 points. I hate to think what the forum will be like if we make it to the final and only get 20,000 tickets!
Oh look, another I'm a bigger blue than you thread emerging.

trevorcitytilidie said:
My point is

Mature student?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwSG0uvRoI&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwSG0uv ... re=related</a>

Halfpenny said:
trevorcitytilidie said:
My point is
Oh look, another I'm a bigger blue than you thread emerging.
I think you missed the point, this is a thread sick of people moaning they wont get a ticket when they haven't been to enough games.
Hopefully it will get worse in three weeks time and then after that we can go back to the real important matters like pies and fixed half time draws.

your eastlands history of a seasoncard is enough right for you to have a s/f ticket alone and i'm sure no one on this site would argue the toss,the fact remains that there will be fans at the s/f who have not been to a game this season and probably some who have never been to coms,this is what gets people's backs up when they have saved every penny for the last two years to buy a seasoncard and get snuffed by the club because tickets have been diverted from the paying supporter

trevorcitytilidie said:
My point is

No offence but without knowing individual circumstances of those with say 2000 points your comments are based on sweeping generalisations. Many supporters have attended games as Citycard holders, bought tickets on the day are used other methods of procuring tickets over the years. Loyalty points although providing a good guide to supporters attendance is not definitve and so some supporters will feel aggrieved at potentially missing such a big game after years of loyalty.

I visited Kiev this year a trip which cost around the price of a season ticket and yet I was awarded 20 loyalty points but the reading home game at 15 pounds a pop is worth 50 loyalty points. Please explain how the loyalty system worked for this game.

I was in a similar position a few years ago for the Hamburg home game with the club selling tickets for a fiver to anyone on a first come, first served basis, yet I had purchased a Hamburg away ticket successfully. I felt very aggrieved and so prefer to be sympathetic to fans in a similar situation.

trevorcitytilidie said:
My point is

How will you feel when it comes to the final to find you dont get a ticket. Hmmm fair enough people have more points than me... fair argument.

How would you then feel when a guy who bought one this year gets a ticket before anyone ? why because they are in the cup scheme. they only have 1500 max, but take preference over you.
Also add to the fact that the OSC will have put an order in, then be given confirmation before you even had chance to apply. The system isnt fair, and allows so many people to jump the queue for no valid reason.

Not one person has moaned or complained about not getting one on a points basis. I dont even know what gave you that impression.

Should points be for life regardless? you may have 3000 points but have to miss 2 seasons. Your points should start at 3000 next time you renew. Simples.

If some one who only earns about 18k a year but saves and gets his season ticket but can't afford to go to cup games he doesn't have the right to have semi ticket?

People i know miss things just to get their season ticket.

You think on what people spend on a day out to go to football it gets around the 40-50 quid mark. times that by 19 with the cost of 550-600 for the st then its a lot its will be more than a quarter of their yearly income.

awest said:
Should points be for life regardless? you may have 3000 points but have to miss 2 seasons. Your points should start at 3000 next time you renew. Simples.

erm they do.... you dont lose your loyalty points, just the 1000 sc bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.