Perspective.

mancity dan

Just got back from the game. On the way back my dad turned round to me and asked. How did we do in the first two games last season. The answer - we got 1 point. Now I believe from this group if we get 10 points we are home and dry. Back to back wins vs Ajax and a win vs real or dortmund will get us through. Onwards and upwards blues......keep the faith.

mancity dan said:
Just got back from the game. On the way back my dad turned round to me and asked. How did we do in the first two games last season. The answer - we got 1 point. Now I believe from this group if we get 10 points we are home and dry. Back to back wins vs Ajax and a win vs real or dortmund will get us through. Onwards and upwards blues......keep the faith.

we are so still in this. well said op.

Hamann Pineapple said:
They were by far the best team we have ever played. Perspective.
I think so too.

We've played a good game in each of our two Champions League fixtures. And if the opponents were just premiership standard it would not be much too aspire to

Sick Swan said:
One win against Ajax is the objective the rest is imagination
I'd say we have to up the ante and grilll Ajax for all six points, that's the objective.. oh, and getting 3 points at home against Real Madrid... it'd be a good start

Never mind, 13 years ago we played York.................

Perspective:
We are currently playing worse than I've seen us play for years, and this years group is stronger than last years, so I believe we have absolutely no chance whatsoever of going through.

Even being daft enough to dream of back to back wins v Ajax, with Dortmund getting beat twice by Real, means if Dortmund then beat us and Ajax, even our beating Real Madrid (which would be ridiculous), wouldn't be enough.

Also after getting relocated and drenched at last weeks cup fiasco and then sitting through tonights display, I wouldn't actually fancy us to get a point against Bury at the moment!

To say I'm demoralised in a very slight understatement!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.