Perspective.

mancity dan said:
Just got back from the game. On the way back my dad turned round to me and asked. How did we do in the first two games last season. The answer - we got 1 point. Now I believe from this group if we get 10 points we are home and dry. Back to back wins vs Ajax and a win vs real or dortmund will get us through. Onwards and upwards blues......keep the faith.

Whilst your optimism is very commenadable Dan , we'll be very fortunate to get 10 points from this group , believe me !

One place has all but gone already with Real Madrid , and Dortmulnd surely stand a much better chance of grabbing the other spot than we do ........ do you REALLY think they'll blow it??????

black mamba said:
mancity dan said:
Just got back from the game. On the way back my dad turned round to me and asked. How did we do in the first two games last season. The answer - we got 1 point. Now I believe from this group if we get 10 points we are home and dry. Back to back wins vs Ajax and a win vs real or dortmund will get us through. Onwards and upwards blues......keep the faith.

Whilst your optimism is very commenadable Dan , we'll be very fortunate to get 10 points from this group , believe me !

One place has all but gone already with Real Madrid , and Dortmund surely stand a much better chance of grabbing the other spot than we do.
They do, but it's in our hands. And Dortmund are a very open team. They will concede chances to Ajax.

Surprises me they only beat Ajax 1.0 at home. Madrid have dicked Ajax tonight so they are beatable but I am not convinced with us in Europe. Even in Europa we look dodgy against quick passing sides.

We have a lot to do to qualify from this group that's for sure. I can see Dortmund giving Madrid a game if they play like that.

Having said that like someone else said they are a great side and one of the best we have played at home. We did still create 2/3 great chances first half though. Silva really should have scored.

Jürgen Klopp, Dortmund coach

I am a little bit annoyed about this result, even though City deserved a draw as well. They had great chances, but Roman Weidenfeller made some terrific saves. You cannot keep out the incredible talent of Manchester City for 90 minutes. We had some huge opportunities, though, and took a 1-0 lead through a somewhat planned manoeuvre. We wanted to put them under pressure and Marco Reus was able to execute with his great pace.

We had them pinned down, so of course you'd like to take the three points in that case. We had countless chances, despite being the away team. However, we can build on this performance, as we were very disciplined tactically. It was a big step forward for us.

One place has all but gone already with Real Madrid , and Dortmund surely stand a much better chance of grabbing the other spot than we do.

We can do it, the problem is until the players believe it were fucked.

It depends on how Dortmund will do in their both matches against Real Madrid.

Marvin said:
black mamba said:
mancity dan said:

They do, but it's in our hands. And Dortmund are a very open team. They will concede chances to Ajax.

Not too sure it's in our hands Marvin , already it's us and Ajax who are doing the chasing ....

realistically it's gonna be very tough for us now, are we really good enough to win in Amsterdam and Dortmund ??????<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:35 pm --<br /><br />
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Silva really should have scored.

So should Zabaleta !

black mamba said:
Marvin said:
black mamba said:

Not too sure it's in our hands Marvin , already it's us and Ajax who are doing the chasing ....

realistically it's gonna be very tough for us now, are we really good enough to win in Amsterdam and Dortmund ??????

-- Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:35 pm --

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Silva really should have scored.

So should Zabaleta !

And aguero but then so should 4 or 5 of theirs!

Ray78 said:
It depends on how Dortmund will do in their both matches against Real Madrid.
And Ajax. Unfortunately Real Madrid may think that they have all but qualified now

I can see Dortmund beating Real Madrid too. They are a very good team. They worked really hard, and have a lot of good technique.

The group is open because everyone is strong and every game will be difficult

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.