Pet/Dog owners

paulc

After a bit of advice as Getting concerned. We have had our dog for nearly 3 years now, he’s 3. The last week he has become distant & aggressive to us, he bit me on the arm. This is totally out of character to him. I have spoke to neighbours who also have dogs and they were unable to help or offer any experience of this.
His routine is still the same, walks, food, poo/wee all fine, eating ok, the only time he will come to me as if I have food.
Has anyone experienced anything similar with their dog?
Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

After a bit of advice as Getting concerned. We have had our dog for nearly 3 years now, he’s 3. The last week he has become distant & aggressive to us, he bit me on the arm. This is totally out of character to him. I have spoke to neighbours who also have dogs and they were unable to help or offer any experience of this.
His routine is still the same, walks, food, poo/wee all fine, eating ok, the only time he will come to me as if I have food.

Thanks
Hes probably just bored with his routine. Take him shopping to Wilko's

Last edited:

Thanks
What breed is it?

Certainly go to the vet. Make sure it is a good vet to, i have seen a few who are so disinterested in their job they miss stuff or don't give a full check up. My boy had a sharp grass seed get into his foot. The vet missed it and i found and fixed it myself.

I say that because he may need to have a full checkup. Don't let them fob you off with a shrug and some metacam.

The breed can suffer from ear infections. I won't note eye infections as that would be immediatly obvious. Also check his teeth and gums, that of course could be an issue for you currently.

I strongly advise the vets because the breeding of these dogs makes them very kind and gentle so this is very stange behaviour. If the household is calm without loud arguements i am pretty sure he has pain arrising from something. Has he had the snip? it is unlikely but it could be a dominance thing to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.