Pet Shop Boys

I like the new song and the video is filmed in the town next to us. Margate use to be a thriving Town back in the 80's now its a shit hole being over running by the arty dfl's.
Glad the video shows the true side of Margate dereliction and not the Margate the arty dfl's like.

I may be incorrect here but....

On radio two today they said that Tennant was 9 in 1963..... that makes him 70 years (or nearly 70 years).

Wow, just wow. I'm 63 and thought he was younger than me...... unbelievable!

I may be incorrect here but....

On radio two today they said that Tennant was 9 in 1963..... that makes him 70 years (or nearly 70 years).

Wow, just wow. I'm 63 and thought he was younger than me...... unbelievable!
he's 69 I believe and still got the voice, unlike some other old codgers milking their back catalogue.
how was the Arena?

I never really appreciated the music but in the last few years The Pet Shop Boys and others like A Flock Of Seagulls and Depache Mode have made my hit list.

I saw them with New Order here in SF last year and while I’ve seen NO a dozen times I’d never seen PSB and they were just fantastic. You are all correct about Tennant’s voice — I was amazed it was so strong, especially compared to Barney’s which hasn’t ever been great (not that it matters to me). Played every hit, great visuals, excellent backing musicians. All I could have asked for was “Absolutely Fabulous.”

I saw them with New Order here in SF last year and while I’ve seen NO a dozen times I’d never seen PSB and they were just fantastic. You are all correct about Tennant’s voice — I was amazed it was so strong, especially compared to Barney’s which hasn’t ever been great (not that it matters to me). Played every hit, great visuals, excellent backing musicians. All I could have asked for was “Absolutely Fabulous.”
I've watched a few vids after people saying his voice got better and stronger live and I think I know why.
First of all, Neil's voice is often clearly "double-tracked". Don't get me wrong - he is not lip-syncing (at least I don't think he is). Rather, he seems to be singing over a recorded projection of his own voice, if you know what I mean. 60% of what we hear is his own actual live singing, but 40% is a near-perfect pre-recorded track running in the background. They do not apply this effect for the entire length of a song, but rather during certain parts of a song where they think it is necessary, for example during the "la la la la" part of "The last to die":
You can first hear the projected voice in the background kick in on some vids, and a couple of seconds later Neil starts singing over this recording of his own voice.

Caught some of their set at V Festival back in around 2009/2010 and they absolutely smashed it.

It's a bit mad seeing all these comments about how good Neil's voice is (which it is of course). I remember back in the mid-late 80s when they first broke through that they never did live gigs. It was all a bit of a mystery why they didn't tour but the theory doing the rounds at the time was that Neil's voice was too weak to pull off a live show, yet here he is three and half decades later completely nailing it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.