Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

I think it would be better if you can find another City goal (that’s not a title deciding game) where Tyler loses it completely like he did for the Aguero goal? ;)
Well I don’t think I need to.
Whether he goes apeshit over City or not , I don’t think he deserves the treatment he gets. He was invited by our club to celebrate that moment and he was disgustingly attacked at the event.

He is a human being doing his job, he is part of our history as much as Ken Wolstenholme is with England world cup win in 1966 with “they think its all over”.
I don’t understand the abuse he gets.
I don’t like the fucker and I don’t remotely class him as part of our history, each to their own mate, I’m not in the minority on here though ..

Well I don’t think I need to.
Whether he goes apeshit over City or not , I don’t think he deserves the treatment he gets. He was invited by our club to celebrate that moment and he was disgustingly attacked at the event.

Yeah I didn’t agree with that night he got abuse from our fans.
Doesn’t take away from the fact he is a shit commentator these days does it.

He is a human being doing his job, he is part of our history as much as Ken Wolstenholme is with England world cup win in 1966 with “they think its all over”.
I don’t understand the abuse he gets.
Is he doing his job though? He is there to give an impartial view of the two teams. Now, there is a ground swell of opinion that he doesn’t treat all teams as equal and there is a definite difference in the enthusiasm of his voice when City score compared to others.
Regardless of that, I find he’s an awful commentator who drones on with a predefined script, he doesnt communicate the game like the great Barry Davies did it’s like the action is an inconvenience to him

AFC Sudbury played Colchester United in the FA Cup last season and it was live on the BBC. Can’t remember who the commentators were, obviously not Tyler, but their favouring of the non league side was borderline hysteria. They were screaming with excitable anticipation whenever they got over the half way line and their reaction to the Colchester goals were spoken in the same tone as a vicar at a funeral.

I don’t imagine for a minute they were huge Sudbury fans. Or hated Colchester. They were just doing what they thought their jobs were that day.

I think this is relevant to a lot of people’s perception of commentators who “hate” City. The fact is, City battering Bournemouth 4-0 is a non story. Whereas Palace or Wolves winning at The Etihad is a major event.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.