Peter Green RIP

BB King was not a fan of "white boy blues", but he paid PG a great compliment when he said:
"That Peter Green, he makes me sweat".

Played at the Boardwalk many years ago and some college types had turned up on the back of a rumour that his band were doing a comeback there.
Was talking with them before my band went on and I could tell by the fact that they weren't there when we came off that they'd seen a better guitarist that night.

Loved his band when I was young.
Sadly never saw them.
My favourite was The Green Manalishi.
A very poignant song about his own demon, hence 'Green'
This was one instance where a songwriter describes his own slide into insanity.
Man of the World, Oh Well, Albatross all very fine songs which I loved the sound of.
Those Les Paul guitars sure can sound great.
Little known fact, The Beatles copied the sound and flavour of Albatross on their song Sun King. John wrote it and always referenced it as the Fleetwood Mac song.

RIP Peter.

Met him once. Was a difficult and awkward man off stage. Very shy. He was supporting a project I was involved in and was a big help. Always a fan of his music even in the early days of his return phase when his playing was sometimes scratchy and his live performances were unpredictable (being kind). His impact though is unquestionable. No one can quite work out how he played 'oh well'
RIP.

Met him once. Was a difficult and awkward man off stage. Very shy. He was supporting a project I was involved in and was a big help. Always a fan of his music even in the early days of his return phase when his playing was sometimes scratchy and his live performances were unpredictable (being kind). His impact though is unquestionable. No one can quite work out how he played 'oh well'
RIP.
I always felt that his comeback was more other peoples idea, seemed a bit exploitative to me.

Loved his band when I was young.
Sadly never saw them.
My favourite was The Green Manalishi.
A very poignant song about his own demon, hence 'Green'
This was one instance where a songwriter describes his own slide into insanity.
Man of the World, Oh Well, Albatross all very fine songs which I loved the sound of.
Those Les Paul guitars sure can sound great.
Little known fact, The Beatles copied the sound and flavour of Albatross on their song Sun King. John wrote it and always referenced it as the Fleetwood Mac song.

RIP Peter.
'Albatross' is a splendid piece of music, but I always thought why name the tune after this particular bird?
It's hardly a graceful creature after all.

R.I.P. Peter Green.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.