Peterborough (A) | Post Match Thread

We need to sort out our first halves, we used to regularly finish teams in the first half but we're struggling at the moment, second half much better.

Mahrez needs to start all the big games, even when he is not at his best we're always more likely to score when he is on the pitch, and of course he can take a pen.

Phil needs to play centrally behind a striker or on the left wing, enough with this false nine thing.
Really poor first half with Mahrez and Cancelo having so much of the ball and doing very little. Too many aimless crosses into the box and Fernandinho poor.
Second half much better and Phil played a lovely playmaker role. Gundo poorish and Jesus barely in the game.
Important to get the right CB pairing vs the Rags

Common theme when we win isnt it,................., Studio is like a Wake.

Saw a post on Twitter the other day from a young female Blue

She put " I wish i could find a Man who loves me as much as BT Sport Love Liverpool "

Thought it was pretty appropriate.

Heavy pitch, slow out of the blocks again, too many stepovers/cutbacks, Grealish and Foden play well together , job done

Not great for the first 60 mins. Big call from pep to hook Aké & Dias who were both shocking. Stones & Laporte gave us some pace against the long ball. Second half, Grealish, Foden & Mahrez dominated them and once we scored it was comfortable, before then, anything but. Lots of poor passes, poor touches, but the pitch did it’s best to level it up. That pitch hasn’t been tended to for weeks, deliberately.

Our attacking play is pretty poor of late, so many wrong choices, wanting too many touches and dreadful finishing. 5 on target from 23 shots is poor and we have these stats too often, and set pieces mostly awful again, 14 corners without really looking threatening from any.
Eddie played well, some good saves, Stones and Laporte looked a better CH pair 2nd half after the first 5 mins, Grealish played well and Foden 2nd half. Rest were well below par but we got the job done

Common theme when we win isnt it,................., Studio is like a Wake.

Saw a post on Twitter the other day from a young female Blue

She put " I wish i could find a Man who loves me as much as BT Sport Love Liverpool "

Thought it was pretty appropriate.

It's impossible no love could ever be that strong.

First half not great, better 2nd half with 2 excellent goals. Thought Peterborough defended very well.
Reasonably comfortable in the end. 2:0 was about right really,( had Laporte not missed that sitter I think the score maybe would have flattered us a little).
Turning the TV over, It's a shame both of the sides playing on BBC 1 at the moment can't both go out tonight!!

So....a strong City side playing bottom of the table Peterborough who hadn't won since December. A nice stress free evening, a chance for is to rack up some goals, a few out of form players get their form back. How wrong could I be?? A truly awful performance, no wonder Ake and Dias were hooked at half time they were dreadful but so was everybody.

We are worryingly flat. Slow, ponderous, players out of form. I couldn't relax until the second goal went in and even then we had our scares. A forgettable game with only three highlights. Fodens pass and the two finishes. We won that is all.
tbf it was stress free we were never losing that,we did enough in first gear and hopefully will up the intensity on sunday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.