Petr Cech or our Given?!

adelaidecity said:
Damocles said:
Cech's having a bad few games.

He's still the world's best keeper, and I'd take him any day of the week.
no he is not ,shay is better,what about real madrids (forget his name) keeper

Casillas you are referring to. Not better than Shay or Cech in my opinion. As good as, more likely is the case. The way Shay has performed this season as a whole though, I would say he is the best in the league at the moment. That head injury affected Cech's career more than people think.

Has to be Given everytime!!

Our defenders know Given will never come off his line whereas Chelsea's can never be sure hence the indecision!!

;P

given but...pepe reina is who id rather have....a better question for me is given or jj at bolton

At the moment, I'd honestly take Given.

I'd go right back to when Stephen Hunt twatted him in the head to the start of when Cech lost his edge (understandable really). He's had purple patches since, but he's no longer a consideration when you're talking about the world best goal keepers for me.

Julio Cesar is probably the best in the world at the moment, Buffon is still as good as ever (his form this season has been immense), Cech just isn't in the same league right now.

Given

Cech is class but a bit overated some times, he only looks goods because he has a high number of clean sheets because he has a class back 4 infront of him, cech makes so many mistakes though from time to time, he's made an awful lot last season and this one,

I'd have him at City of course, but I'd rather have Given, i don't think Cech has been the same keeper since he got that horrific head injury off stephen ****

Both are great but overated keepers. Having said that, I would take Cech because he can intercept the cross.

I personally think that Reina is the best in the League.

People say that Cech hasn't been the same since his injury, but I disagree, I think he's been suspect since his nightmare against Turkey in Euro 2008. Very unconvincing at any aerial threat ever since that howler.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.