petrov on the right

When Hughes did it he played an authodox 442 with Petrov as right winger.

Mancini is playing 433. Where Petrov is one of the forward players. This means we are not looking to get balls into the box as much in terms of crossing, espcially as before today we have had no real height in the box. Petrov is looking to come inside and link up with the attacking midfielders and the central forward (Tevez).

While this is good going forwards there has to be defensive balance and so he has defensive duty on the right. This gives the impression he is playing more on the right hand side than he actually is. I think, although he scored the 433 lost something with Ade in the side. We looked better with either Bellamy, SWP, Robinho playing as the other one of the three.

In a 442 the Ade and Tevez works a lot better, which is why we kept switching it about today. That left Barry on the left and Petrov on the right which isnt ideal.

Mancini thinks about tactics a lot and he does look to change them quickly when he perceives they are not right. Doesnt mean he gets them right at the start( he usually doesn't that's why he has to change them) and it doesn't mean he gets them right when he makes changes either.

It was decided on here that Hughes knew nothing about tactics which clearly is garbage but whether he is/was good at them and making changes is open to opinion.It is possible to do all sorts of tactical changes and they dont work Mancini has also proved that and I get the feeling half the time he does things and people on here dont notice them and at other times does nothing but it is perceived as genius.

Today the jury is out as to what tactics we were playing.I have read enough saying it was 4.4.2 and plenty saying 4.3.3. I have to say I don't really know but I would go for the 4.4.2 as otherwise Petrov was lost! He wandered into the middle a bit but that was just fleeting moments. Anyway whatever it was Petrov was poor and he has been every time he has played wide right ( and don't tell me he was good there against Scunny as a) it was only Scunny and b ) his good work was mostly left side.

Today also we were very very poor in midfield and up front apart from a few flashes and until Bellamy came on and low and behold went wide left!

Weird eh. Maybe just maybe Mancini doesnt fancy a left side of Petrov and Garrido becuse its too weak but on the right with a decent full back it's just about ok. Hence why Bellers went straight there. It's Mancini's natural caution at work.

He was cautious again today and it worked as we won and fairly easily too. Awful game and awful entertainment but we won .I reckon Mancini is quite aware of what players are capable of and is still waiting to get his best team out there. let's just hope he can keep winning while we get to it.

The way I see it is that bobby Manc likes to play narrow and not too
much width so with petrov cutting in
means the team stays narrow

Hi it has been baffling me too at some point today Ade was chucked left wing too, it's obviously experiments on mancini's part but there is no balance like this players moving into new, unusual positions all the time, petrov is amazing on the left not the right and should stay there fighting it out with bellemy to start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.